RIP Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jan 26, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let it go.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of might also just be about who that person has looked up to or connected with.

Sports fans will mourn their icons, same for actors/actresses, religious leaders, singers and entertainers. If they've watched someone in the area that they idolize, then they will feel some type of way when they pass. Its human.

3. pixie adair

pixie adair Member

6/30/2003 and buying his way out for $2.5 million has not been forgotten.

t500racer and joec like this.
  4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

^^ This. Kobe who?

5. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Asks PistolPete.

auminer likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently the other 3 people were a college baseball coach (assuming they were friends) and the coach's wife and daughter.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

It's sad that people forget that happened. I don't believe any particular side of a story presented by any media, but that was a low point for sure.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who forgot? That was mentioned in every news report I saw today. Doesn't change the fact that he was a dad taking his girl to a basketball game who died in a fiery crash.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

I agree.. Seemed to have been a good guy beyond that.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Leave it to the BEEB to turn an RIP thread into a shit show.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's what we do...if only we could connect it to Clarence and Robby Bobby we would really have something.

track wagon likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, one event isn't any more or any less tragic or sad than the other. It’s just that one of the events involves a famous someone. Nothing new with how being famous works, it’s just the way it goes. It certainly doesn’t minimize other tragic events in my mind.
    And again, RIP Kobe and the others.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Amidst his imperfections, he had a positive effect on many, many people. If you don't feel inclined to mourn for him, maybe at least appreciate the circumstances and loss that occurred to his family - who through the imperfections some are still judging him by, have stuck with him throughout. This might serve as opportunity to apply that appreciation to your own family, or someone you care about.

Either way, it's a tragedy that makes me further realize life and time are short and finite.

TX Joose, scottn, TurboBlew and 19 others like this.
  14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I had to unfriend some people yesterday on social media. I don’t recall people making jokes about Nicky Hayden when he died and it’s totally classless to do it just because you weren’t a fan of Kobe. It’s disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty87, scottn, Marcos415 and 8 others like this.
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There is nothing routine about any helicopter flight.

Fonda Dix and rice r0cket like this.
  17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You're doing "IT" again. :Poke:

"Let it go" ;)

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep. Just because you weren't "his" fan doesn't mean his death isn't any less tragic.

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Well said Eddie.

Scotty87 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've always said that unless your life is already in danger, there's no good reason to get on those things. They wouldn't have gotten me on one if I wasn't paralyzed. Fuck those things.

Photo, 418 and duc995 like this.