1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jan 26, 2020.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. He was still young. LA County Fire just reported there were 9 people on the chopper. Hope it wasn't more of his family.

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Still in shock.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Pretty torn up over here.

RIP Kobe.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:stupid::(

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Gutted.

He was my brother's age, and it's hard to quantify the impact he had on me watching this high-school kid get called up to the bigs and be as successful as he was. Meanwhile I'm this snot-nosed kid who just wants to get his learners permit.

RIP, Mamba.

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

RIP to one of the greatest to ever lace them up. Prayers to the family.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This just sucks.
    I feel so sorry for Kobe's family and the other family that was on the helicopter. Apparently Kobe's oldest daughter had a asthma attack when she heard and had to be taken to the hospital.
    I went back and forth on being a kobe fan during his playing days but watching him with his kids after he retired I started being a fan again.

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Sad. But pisses ms off.

Hear anything about the 30 marines killed in the helicopter crash today in Fallujah?

Evad101 and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

? This going dungeon? No I didn’t and I follow a lot of offshore news sites. Got a link?

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I did. And my heart goes out to their families too. Just like all of the families affected by the crash that Bryant was on. It's not a competition, both equally sad. I think the difference for a lot of people is military service members know the dangers when signing the dotted line. A routine flight on a helicopter, not so much. But in the end life is tough, bad shit happens, you have to drive on.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No. The difference is people put celebrities on a pedestal above others. Therefore, their loss of life, divorce, activist cause, car crash, child birth, etc, is more more important than the commoners’.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Only the idiots.

Sabre699, AC1108 and ducnut like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is no shortage.

YamahaRick, Sabre699, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

RIP Kobe, his daughter, everyone on the helicopter - and all their families. Terrible news.

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

For sure, there’s no shortage or there wouldn’t be publications, broadcast networks, manufacturer relations departments, etc, entirely devoted to the rich and famous. Someone has to be justifying all that nonsense.

18. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Dang. The guy was literally the one of the greatest ever in his chosen profession, and watching him play probably brought a smile to millions of people. He dies early and tragically and this becomes your chance to go all social justice warrior???

Why not just shout out a RIP and move on.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Because the context was in comparison to American soldiers losing their lives. There is no comparison.

Scotty87 and ducnut like this.
  20. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Of course not, but this thread isn't titled "american soldiers losing their lives", it's a Kobe Bryant RIP thread.

I couldn't give two shits about basketball, but at least give the man the credit he deserves.