1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Find another one and call a lawyer. :moon: ;)

[​IMG]

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Right, because we’re buddies off the forum and hang out on the regular..,,

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cops don’t use slugs except in very specific applications (this isn’t one of them) and they don’t use long barrel hunting shotguns. The overwhelming majority of patrol shotties are Remington 870’s or Mossberg 500’s with short barrels and no choke (so they can also be used for bean bags).

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Is there an angle that indicates that the cops did not seek shelter behind an occupied civilian vehicle during a live firefight? Note that I am not calling for the conviction of anyone. Mistakes are bound to occur in such a tense situation. I await actual evidence on the cause of death of the innocent bystander before I start calling for a head on a platter.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

There’s more than enough evidence on this forum. Hell, just check the last 2 pages.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think a barrister will do.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, that sounds reasonable.

I saw a lot of activity and just assumed that he was doing what he does. But I guess it was more like watching subtitled Japanese video. Lots of talking about the number of words that appear onscreen is always so small by comparison. :crackup:

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Assume you are right, so one cop out of six or more had a rifle or a shotgun. If it is a shotgun then your high "powered" theory is debunked as buckshot would just penetrate the van's wall. If it's a rifle then it has to be a DM as required by most LEO's regs. Again, this debunks your theory that the cops sprayed and prayed with high "powered" rifles.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not a shotgun and he wasn’t the only one. Watch the video.

A DM (designated marksman)? Where do you get that shit? I’ve never even heard of that outside of the military and it’s relatively new there. Most departments issue rifles to everyone as long as they do the little qualification course.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Evidence of what? The only fault I see is my unwillingness to back down.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It was a traffic jam so there was pretty much no angle to approach the UPS truck where you would not be in front of or behind someone's vehicle. Perhaps they should not have approached the vehicle at all in that location, but if they were basically forced into doing so, I think behind a vehicle is a significantly better option and the one I would choose every time. The police may have really screw this one up, but until all the evidence is collected, I prefer to take a wait and see attitude.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Evidence of what??? Seriously? Evidence of you being wrong. From your definitive statement that
    to your claim that your statement was the same exact thing as Newsshooters. Both wrong. One can’t possibly be know yet. One is just flat out wrong, and has been shown why by Mongo.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Judgements based on data, experience, and logic.

The only difference between my statement and his is that he gave himself an out. If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it and happily eat my hat with a little mustard.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Data, experience, and logic all lead me to call “bullshit”.

StaccatoFan and XFBO like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No. You won’t.

You’ll dither and dance and pepper us with “what if’s” like you always do.

And we’ll all still shake our heads at the poor pathetic man who can’t own his own words.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

No, police carry shotguns and to carry a rifle, most depts requires a DM cert. Go do your research.

StaccatoFan, XFBO and ryoung57 like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe it’s different in your little corner of the world but around here, and pretty much everywhere based on the sheer volume of rifles you see in police hands any time there’s a shooting, they’re standard issue. The only time you would not have one is if you’re unable to pass the qualification course.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nope. I’ve been PROVEN wrong and I admitted it. What I won’t do is bow to the opinions of others.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’re entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But you expect all others to bow to yours. Got it.