Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

I'm curious as to where you get your confidence from? Last years results? I mean ETN is no North Carolina so..... If you want to nitpick OSUs close wins but ignore Clemson's. OK

Well you can hang your hat on the best 4 loss team in all the land :D

Also, nice screen grab showing Baylor squeaking by a bad TCU team

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The lowest spread I saw was 20 pts....

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Little new or different to add her, just some observations:

1. I am an Auburn fan. Gus sucks. He is a one trick pony whose time has long passed. Bo Nix will be good, but he is inexperienced and is subject to Gus.
    2. All bets are off in the Iron Bowl. Bama needs to beat Auburn very well to keep its realistic hopes alive.
    3. Georgia had better raise the level of its play substantially before meeting LSU. They looked mediocre in beating Auburn and vulnerable in beating TAMU. A large portion of that is coaching, or lack thereof, some is due to Fromm being on/off like a lightbulb. If they continue as is, they are done after the SEC champ game.
    4. OSU looked good beating Penn. State. I loathe OSU, and I was hoping PSU would do more, but I must give credit where it is due. What happens with Michigan this weekend will tell more.
    5. The rest? Who the F*!k knows. A lot of variables thru the year in multiple different situations. That's what makes this a spirited conversation. I love college football - best pro game out there. I'm looking forward to the next several weeks and what it brings.

Cheers,

Dave

gy999r and Spang308 like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I got Rossi.

noles19 likes this.
  5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

My thoughts after watching all the teams again this weekend. I think LSU can be beat because their defense is marginal. Yes, they're gonna put up points, but when they run into a good defense, it'll be a close game. Clemson is looking better to me by the week and Dabo will have them ready to play in the big games. I wouldn't want to face them right now. Georgia's offense is a dumpster fire but their defense is arguably the best in the country. That will keep them in just about any game. I would never want to play Alabama just because of their receiving corp. OSU still doesn't impress me for some reason, and I'm a Justin Fields fan. Their defense is not nearly as dominating as they're made out to be. I think there are a solid 5-7 very average teams right now. Most strong on one side of the ball, but not both.

Spang308 likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

My ideal scenario

LSU loses to A&M but kills GA in the SEC champ game thus becoming over confident
    OSU gets blown out by Michigan but beats Wisconsin in the B1G champ game after Wisconsin beats Minnesota this week
    Clemson loses out
    GA loses out (@ GT rivalry and killed by LSU)
    Ala loses @ Aub
    Oregon loses to ORST and then loses to USC after USC beats Utah this week
    OK loses out
    Florida loses to FSU
    Baylor loses @ Kan but beats OK in champ game

This all results in
    #1 OSU
    #2 LSU
    #3 Michigan
    #4 Don't care but likely Ala gets it

OSU beats Ala
    Mich beats an over confident LSU after an overlooked for Heisman Shea Patterson runs and throws all over the LSU's D and Mich's D shuts down the LSU O

Mich dominates OSU again
    From beeb post to Gods ears

SundaySocial likes this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Uhhh, what? ETN is Travis Etienne, not a school. You know, the leading rusher in yards per carry (8.7 per)? Again, Clemson has a scare game every year against a weak opponent, gets their shit together, goes into championship mode and starts curb stomping everyone. Everyone keep your eyes on the UNC game while they're hanging 50 plus on power5 schools. It'll give you hope until they show up on your teams doorstep. Get my hope from last years results? Only in the fact this team is statistically better against the same schedule and absolutely nobody could get close to them down the stretch last year. Other than Chase Young being a freak, I saw very little out of OSU that shows me they can hang with Clemson for 4 quarters. Your vision may be different. GA, LSU and/or Bama want nothing to do with Clemson. Those games won't be close. Good news, we're all about to find out next month.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Little early to be drunk ain't it?

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The AD of Oregon is the chairman.....

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sorry I thought Clemson continued their horrible scheduling and ETN was East Tennesee or something. But still North Carolina is a power house this year, right?

11. Spang308

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Dude You can't be drunk and figure out what all has to happen for Michigan to make it in the final 4. That was hard work

SundaySocial, noles19 and Metalhead like this.
  13. Spang308

Pretty sure it was down to 18.5 at kickoff. At least the line I saw. It was 19.5 on my parlay card that was out Wed.

cav115 likes this.
  14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Uhh, no. I don't see any need to talk crap on behalf of any team, but LSU is ready to play anyone. Going in to the A&M game this week we will have several defensive starters back who have been out.

15. Spang308

Dude, are you a Michigan fan? They have absolutely zero chance of making the playoffs. They got destroyed by an average Wisconsin team and lost to PSU...that is coached by the worst game manager in college football, James Franklin. They were down 21-0 at the half. Anyone with half a brain would have stretched that to blowout levels.
    The Shea Patterson for Heisman is enough to trigger authorities to show up at your house with a van and straight jacket. :crackup:

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well the next 2 games will probably cut in 1/2 Clemson's SOS ranking

SC isn't good and has lost 4 of 5 but did win @ GA earlier in the year
    And then Virginia. You know the "2nd best" team in the ACC. Although that will be essentially a home game

17. rwdfun

rwdfun

Gee what tipped you off :D

Mich is not the same team team that got destroyed at Wisc. Hell Wisc isn't the same Wisc team from back then. Their first half of the year was Ala level results. Since they lost to Ill they have not been the same.

As far as the PSU game. I dare any SEC team to visit Happy Valley for the night white out game. That stadium is crazy and PSU always comes out amped. How good a team is can be seen by how they respond and since midway through the 2nd quarter of that game Michigan has been on point. If not for that dropped 4th down pass in the endzone or that 1 big play PSU had for a long TD, Mich would be in the CFP conversation pending this weeks game result. Not been a good couple decades for results but that's what happens when OSU is the only good pro team in the state of Ohio

18. Spang308

I hope we get to find out, but their defense is horrible. Giving up 41 to Bama was bad. Giving up 600 yards and 37 to Ole Miss is horrific. If that doesn't worry you OK, but know Clemson has an elite offense and the #2 defense in the country. Best case LSU hangs 24 on Clemson. Do you honestly think LSU can hold Trevor's crew to less than that? Hell, Bo Nix and a very average Auburn scored 20 and held y'all to 23, granted that's the best defense LSU faced until they meet GA.

19. Spang308

Well, they aren't getting in the playoffs, but for both our sake, I hope they beat OSU. It won't keep the Fuckeyes out of the playoffs, but the only thing that rivals a Clemson win for me, is an Blowhio State loss. I despise them, although a little less now that Ryan Day is their coach. Urban Liar was a straight up scumbag.
    Anyway, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Big Blue! :beer:

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

LSU and Ohio State have NO defense. NONE! Look at what T.Law and our receivers did to Alabama last year....yes, I know that was last year but all those guys are back. Oh, you're going to shut down the pass, our 4 deep RB's will take that opening. OH yeah, have you seen Trevor run this year too???? The Clemson offense will score at will on LSU and OSU. The other side of that ball....neither of those teams have run into a defense quite as strong as Clemson. Coach B will have a gameplan for either of these teams.

Like was said above.....no one wants to run into Clemson right now. You heard it hear first, 30-0 Back to Back National Champions. Gotta get to 27 first, but I'm calling it now.