1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just wait until Baylor beats Oklahoma resulting in the big 12 being left out of the playoffs.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I doubt there's a scenario that gets the Big12 in. Maybe LSU stomping GA and Bama losing to Auburn next week, while Oregon takes down Utah in the Pac12 game. An LSU close loss to GA in the SEC and Clemson and OSU winning out would put all 4 of those teams in. A one loss Bama would likely get the nod over Baylor or Choklahoma.

3. Spang308

Think it was 18.5 at kickoff. Won by 11. I thought PSU played their asses off and did their best to keep the game in reach against a team they were completely unmatched against. PSU needs a QB badly. Clifford is useless on any pass beyond 15 yards. Puts way too much air under the ball.
    That being said, OSU did not look like the 800 pound gorilla they're being advertised as. I can't wait for Clemson to play them.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

LSU and Bama and Ga would all have to drop a game or Oregon or Clemson. It's still possible but unlikely.

5. Spang308

I'm not an Alabama fan by any stretch and I don't think they're anywhere near as good as they were a few years ago when they were dominant on both sides of the ball. That said, I think they would easily beat Oklahoma, Utah, or Oregon, even with Mac Jones at QB. We'll get a better look Saturday. If they beat Auburn handily, they deserve a look if GA loses to LSU.
    Oklahoma is just squeaking by damn near everyone and they squeaked by the only other team that had a chance of winning the Big12...even though that still could happen.
    One more reason to keep the playoffs at 4 teams. We'd have nothing to talk about! :D

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

My eyes tell me Alabama is better than GA and I'm hoping LSU destroys them to confirm that. Having said that if LSU does beat GA by any margin in essentially a home game for GA AND OK runs the table, OK will obviously be in over GA but they damn sure better get in over Ala.

OK lost AT a 7-4 KSU. Yes Ala only loss would be to LSU but Ala lost at home. You don't even win your division you shouldn't get to go especially over another team that wins their conference. Ala lost at home so there shouldn't be any discussion. They had their chance at home. Why give them another on a neutral field. Especially since the rest of Ala schedule doesn't tell anyone anything.

It sucks that OK will likely play Bay again in the B12 champ game. OK won at Bay, now Bay gets another crack but that's the B12 deal not the CFP's doing. Conspiracy theorist will see the refs in the B12 champ game leaning toward OK so B12 gets a team in.

7. Spang308

Yes and no. Alabama did lose at home, but to the #1 team in the country that in the only scenario that would give OK or Bama a shot, will have beaten #4 and won the SEC title undefeated. OK lost to a horrible team and they were getting blown out for most of that game. The bigger argument against Bama is not who they lost to, but who did they beat. Their schedule is horrible. People bust on Clemson, but Bama's is almost as bad. The only tough game they had, they lost...at home, with Tua. Auburn sorta sucks and A&M is average. I feel the same about GA.
    If they don't pit them against each other in the first round, the Natty will be OSU vs. Clemson. LSU D is a dumpster fire. They gave up 600 yards and 37 points to Ole Miss. What do you think Trevor Lawrence is going to do to them after letting ETN rack up 200 yards and 3 TDs? Clemson would crush LSU or this years Bama. OSU may give them a game, but they weren't too impressive Saturday against a very average PSU team.

8. Spang308

I'd like to see GA beat LSU in a close game and have #1 OSU play #4 LSU and #2 Clemson play #3 GA. That would likely yeild OSU vs. Clemson in the final, which should be a decent game.

9. Spang308

And you want a conspiracy theory? The committee somehow maneuvering in that scenario to pit OSU against Clemson in the first round to have the only team capable of beating Clemson knock them out to insure an SEC team a shot at the Natty.
    *Tin foil hat off

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:
    yep, my Cyclones had them. No call on a block in the back that went for on ou TD.
    Then another no call on pass interference on two point conversion that would have won the game. :mad:
    07DF5ED1-427D-4E74-A2D2-E032DAA6FF5B.jpeg B0D66C62-5979-4CE2-91E4-7E971B91864E.jpeg

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

LSU "destroying" UGA would confirm that Alabama is better than UGA? In what universe does that work?

Note: I'm not saying UGA is better than 'Bama. But according to your logic they don't even need to play the SEC Championship game because LSU barely squeaked by against Auburn and UGA owned Auburn. Clearly UGA is the better team.

12. Spang308

When is your team gonna get over that hump? They play everyone tough and upset someone every year. They always seem to be one or two plays from winning close games. They remind me of Pitt...the usual Pitt, not the one that got manhandled by VA Tech Saturday. :D

13. Spang308

GA beat Auburn 21-14. That was owning them?

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yep. Owned I say. Pwned.

15. Spang308

Auburn plays solid defense. If they had a QB, they'd be contenders this year. I'm not a huge Gus fan, but Bo Nix flat out sucks.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, they got a good coach and good staff. Gotta get better horse's although this staff is pretty good at identifying 3 star players with upside potential then develop them. Ames is just a challenging place to recruit too. But the university, and athletic director are committed and have invested $130 million or so in facilities the last few years and just broke ground on another $80 million project. But by comparison their athletic budget is in the lower third. They certainly do more with less.

Spang308 likes this.
  17. Spang308

Fun to watch. I tune in just to see if they're going to ruin someone's season. :crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I tune in because I’m a glutton for punishment and evidently enjoy getting kicked in the nads. :/

19. Spang308

Their 4 losses were by a COMBINED 11 points. That's worth tuning in. I imagine that 1 pt loss to Iowa was the one that stung for Cyclone fans!

G 97 likes this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Who is the playoff committee chairman this year?
    Yes they all have recusals, but safe money one of the weak-ass PAC12 teams makes it.