1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I remember hearing that bike at Barber coming out of museum turn, spitting and sputtering at the same spot every lap. They must have had a weird fueling issue only when a certain series of events happened :)

TurboBlew and brex like this.
  2. I don't think Attack will have any issues with the bikes being as good, most likely better than what they have now. All depends on how much freedom they give Attack development/ parts wise.

3. Way too many possibilities there, they all seem to be set up a bit different.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I also think Stromboli will have an easier go of it. He won't be making parts from giant lumps of aluminum over the course of hundreds of hours. Just a phone call and a fed ex delivery away.

I bet he'll still make some sano as f@ck parts at the shop but now it'll because he can instead of has to.

Really not a bad situation for everyone. Well, except for Graves but he was already gone.

418 and The Great One like this.
  5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I can only hope that Stanboli can put more of his sexual CNC parts on the bikes.

turbulence likes this.
  6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

At Barber last weekend I finally got a chance to see the Attack R1 up close in person, those giant lumps of aluminum that are now parts made me aroused. That bike is wicked.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I, might be a nobody that has the face of Travolta and the body of Jeremy but I'm pretty much done with MA. Not a good look when Wayne himself is specifically told to meet (when it suited his schedule) with a former massive sponsor and an OEM (who wants back in as a full factory effort) and MA tries to get he new marketing stooge to do the meeting. Said potential sponsor said fuck off. This after MA has been up this companies ass to return. Doesn't make sense. Feel bad for the OEM because the deal would/could help their WSB budget as well.

8. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

I appreciate you.

You sure that's not just an interpretation of YOURs? I think its pretty bad ass having a LONE FACTORY team at the track.

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Why yes, I am sure

"In an interview published globally, former AMA and WSBK champion Ben Spies says that his information is that the two remaining factory teams, Yamaha and Yoshimura Suzuki, are “pulling out” of the MotoAmerica series at the culmination of the 2019 season. "

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/spies-ive-heard-the-factories-are-pulling-out-of-motoamerica/

10. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

BLack and White - Yamaha left. I see no harm in his statement, I see an accidental release of information he had been told.

11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Did Yoshimira leave? Is Attack Yamaha less credible than previous Graves Yamaha? Don't be obtuse. He was spreading negative bullshit.

12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

So where does this leave MA? I dont understand why it can not grab the same attention as a BSB series.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

[​IMG]

23103a, Shocker and Wheeliest like this.
  14. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Dont be Obtuse Ben is trying to end MotoA or hurt its credibility lol - Yosh hasn't committed to anything yet have they?

15. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

BSB No Electronics, BSB No points clenching, BSB tiny tight tracks with lots of grouping, BSB Allows Water Bottle fights. Andrew Irwin plowing EX GP racer multiple times.

MachineR1, badmoon692008 and ajcjr like this.
  16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Relaying information is relaying information regardless of how you interpret it.

Wheeliest likes this.
  17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

We dont know if this is true.

I think I have this right; someone correct me if im wrong please. Graves Yamaha wasn't really Graves for SBK. Yamaha was building the bikes, paying their engineers to be at the track, paying the riders, and doing just about everything that impacted performance. Graves was driving the rig and doing other things at the track. We know is that Yamaha didn't renew with Graves for 2019 because they thought they could do Graves' part for cheaper. Who knows if they were successful.

If Yamaha hires Attack in the same way they hired Graves, they'll still be a factory team and nothing will change. But I dont imagine this will happen because they tried to save money in 2019. Saving money in racing means doing less and reducing support. Id bet that Yamaha will pay Attack to do some of the performance side and they'll pay less than they spent. Id bet the technical expertise of the 2020 Yamaha team will decrease, so much that we might not call Attack Yamaha a factory team. For me, if there arent Yamaha engineers working on the bike at the track, its not a factory team.

Dave250 likes this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I think this is a pretty simple summary.

I can't imagine that we won't be seeing anyone wearing a blue shirt in the pits in 2020. A few less people? Sure. None? I highly doubt that.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

agreed. I think Yamaha would have a hard time convincing Cam or Garrett to stay if their crew chiefs and at least an engineer or two weren't still there.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, where else they going to go? If Yosh is back (who knows, maybe they will bail?) are they going to replace Toni the Redneck and InstaJosh with them?