MotoGP | 2019 | Round 12 | Silverstone | UK | Aug 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He thought the white flag lap was the last? That doesn’t make him a total goon. He still used the move to his advantage.

That’s something I was taught early on, at Pridmore’s school iirc. When someone is parking you in corners, hang back/wide just enough that at corner exit, you can carry your extra speed and duck underneath, but since you’re going so much faster, you can usually outdrag them to the line.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol ya he was going for an outside pass for the win then realized he had another lap. Yes he was smart in his final move but would have been genius status if he had planned it the lap before. He gets goon status with her because of his mop. I love his smooth riding style.

K51000 likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

I can’t believe 3 people are 35 points back from lil Márquez. That’s weird.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

To be fair though, Mark knew Dovi was out and wanted to pad his lead. He’s matured to the point that he no longer thinks “win it or bin it” is the only way to be. Full credit to Rins for winning. Full credit to Márquez for taking the points and not doing a kamikaze move that could have taken the both of them out.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Absolutely.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure about this but methinks FQ lost his back end because he was startled by Rins losing his back end. It seemed pretty sequential.

The images from Dovi's tail camera as it shot up in the air were impressive!

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  7. I thought he was. Oops.

8. Same here, liked it when MM rolled off then he did as well. Didn’t take the bait, I didn’t think he had enough at the end but played it perfect on the last turn, absolutely perfect. Didn’t see pics of the Ducati after but Dovis nuts must be imprinted on the tank. Would’ve been awesome if he jumped the bike and kept going :)

K51000 and Quicktoy like this.
  9. I think he pushed pretty hard and thought he had Rins covered. MM blew more than a few corners, he may not have been pushing as hard as if Dovi was in front but wasn’t coasting either. That win wasn’t gifted to Rins by any means and I’m not even a Suzuki fan.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Marc has never settled in his life lol. He wanted the win.

TX Joose, K51000, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

93 was in front the last 2 laps. Rins left it where he did so 93 couldn't pull a kamikaze.....

turbulence likes this.
  12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That was such a fun race to watch even w/o a ton of passes! Congrats Suzuki!!

Yamaha 3-4-5 ... best of the rest. Wonder where Fabio woud've ended up.

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that the risk with Moto 2 to is that he can't afford not to win.
    He bought me dinner again today. Those fools had him at 13/1 before practice started. :clap:
    He's done that before. And it didn't end as well as today. :crackup:
    He said that in an interview.

BigBird likes this.
  14. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

MM is gonna have to find some more front grip. See him pushing? Jeez!

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

SV 650 is good enough for F1 racers. Where Broome at? :D

BigBird likes this.
  16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nah, Bobby's still alive and kicking, but its possible that Harry Hogge's croaked by now. I'll bet that Brivio made sure Rins had a real good set of tires on that 'Zook....they were probably matched perfect and staggered special.

ChemGuy likes this.
  18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

“But it’s not my goal now to win races. My goal is to win the championship. With this kind of strategy we are increasing that advantage and this is the most important.”
    And
    “Knowing he didn’t have a clear pace advantage over Rins with his tyre life fading, as well as fuel consumption concerns which resulted in Marquez running out of fuel on the cool down lap, the Repsol Honda rider says he rode conservatively to maximise his points haul rather than take risks to win”

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, once he flips that visor down, he might as well turn green and shred his clothes. He doesn't remember any of that shit. It comes back to him after the race. You know, when he turns human again. At that point, if he didn't win, he thinks it's because he was managing the championship. Because he doesn't remember.

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast