El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've seen several reports that he was a big fan if Antifa and similar orgs, "liking" lots of their posts on Twitter. He was also very anti-ICE. Wouldn't it have been great if the Anti-Immigration guy and the Anti-ICE guy had just shot each other instead of all these innocent people?

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The target was his sister - for whatever reason. Everyone else was collateral damage/rage.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Opinion or determined fact?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Opinion, and I'd bet my left testicle it'll eventually be determined fact. That's just too much to be a coincidence.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting hypothesis but be careful assuming logic where there wasn't any.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Less logic, more laws of probability. Plus reports said he shot his sister first, then started shooting others.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Y'all see the video of the cops shooting the Dayton kid? They lit his ass up. Repeatedly. :beer:

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ain't like they pay for their own ammo... :Poke:

9. eggfooyoung

Always about the dough with you hippie democrats.

SGVRider likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Peace through superior firepower. :D

SGVRider and Britt like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's what they always do. It's rare for a cop to shoot somebody and not keep pulling the trigger until the bang bangs stop.

Plus I think this guy was wearing some sort of body armor. He seemed to go down quickly though, so either it wasn't very good, or it was just a plate carrier/tac vest. What did they shoot him with? Pistols or rifles?

SGVRider likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

The one cop you could see in the video looked to have a pistol, but there were other officers shooting, so who knows.

13. eggfooyoung

I almost wish, they would shoot just enough to immobilize them, so they could suffer. But dead as shit works too.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd be really surprised if they had rifles because they were on foot patrol in this party district, but you never know anymore.

15. eggfooyoung

Some videos showed some of them still in their squad cars.

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

From the interview with Anderson Cooper
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/politics/joe-biden-el-paso-shooting-cnntv/index.html

Biden on Monday also doubled down on his support for a new assault weapons ban and suggested his administration would try to create a buyback program to get those weapons off the street.
    Asked what he would tell gun owners worried a Biden administration would be coming for their weapons, the former vice president jumped in to answer: "Bingo! You're right, if you have an assault weapon."
    "The fact of the matter is (assault weapons) should be illegal. Period," Biden said. "The Second Amendment doesn't say you can't restrict the kinds of weapons people can own. You can't buy a bazooka. You can't have a flame-thrower."
    Biden was clear that he would not seek to confiscate privately owned or purchased guns, instead advocating for "a national buyback program" intended to get the weapons "off the street."
    "That's not walking into their home, knocking on their doors, going through their gun cabinets, et cetera," he said.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Umm ... it says exactly that. “... shall not be infringed.” Just because they already go against it doesn’t mean its true.

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Meanwhile from 1997-2019 over 400,000 have died from Opiods ...what the hell? 50 a day..

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

...and over 250,000 a year to medical malpractice. Deaths from gun violence is 10,000/year.