1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, those ain't all totally white boys.

But a question for you - counterpoint to what?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And nothing remotely to do with that either. The first generation of that didn't do the mass kills like we see now. The difference now is I think 100% caused by the access to information. The old school ones would have gone more serial killer and the new ones are more ooohhhh, look at the attention that guy got, want me some of that.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wanting to kill others is crazy.

It may not fit the legal definition of knowing right from wrong but that is a very narrow definition and why it's not used for anything else. The Vegas shooter was crazy because sane people don't do that shit.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you didn't post a counterpoint?

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

In not so many words, yes. G97 and I traded posts above to counter what Snack was saying.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's a number of reasons. El Paso was first. The shooter is alive. The number of dead is much higher. But most importantly - it happened at 10:30 in the morning at a Wal-Mart - that is something everyone can imagine being involved in compared to out at a downtown bar. Add all those things together and it gets more attention from the general public so the media outlets are going to focus more on it to get their clicks and hits and ad revenue. Basic business, nothing personal, nothing to do with the politics of the stations or sites or the like. All of that will come out in how they spin the story, not in how they focus more on one that the other, that's all about the bottom line.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I agree but will also add I think many people no matter what your beliefs are, are stymied by the Dayton killings. That dude was with his sister earlier, leaves her, comes back and then kills her along with others. That's on a fucked up scale greater than most. Also, those killed were all over the map age and race wise. No good way to frame it other than 1000% psycho crazy.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, he's much harder to label and without labels you don't get the uproar so he generates less ad revenue.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

And in both cases several liberal democrat politicians and liberal leading media outlets have framed it as Trumps rhetoric being solely responsible for both tragedies and some are outright stating he is personally responsible.

How soon they forget when Hillary stated, what difference does it make. But in her case she was responsible for the Benghazi debacle.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No. It has nothing to do with that and EVERYTHING to do with him targeting Mexicans. He was letting black people and white people out the doors and shooting Mexican's instead. The media is going to hold on to him being motivated by Trump's immigration fight like a pitbull on a t-bone.

TSWebster likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I DGAF what the media has to say.

BHP41 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course because you are smart and can see through it all. Sadly the brain dead liberal masses lap it up like mothers milk. It’s always interesting to see all the stooped that comes out on Facebook from otherwise productive people when things like this transpire. They’ve swallowed it hook line and sinker.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Valid points. Let me ask you this, do you think it would get the same air time it's getting now if the shooter had been a Trump supporter instead of a E. Warren?

The problem is, in the media there is no standard to when talking about a persons motives. When it's a person that shows even the slightest conservative viewpoint, the left fundraises form it and the media use it to paint their narrative at the moment. El Paso. If the person shares leftist views then you hear the left, as many have been saying yesterday and today that "politics don't matter". Well , which is it? Either they do or don't.

I'm from the standpoint that politics only matter if that's the reason for the shooting. The congressional shooting and the attempted bombing of an ICE facility for recent events.

What we see are two different ways the media cover these crimes. El Paso , the shooter is a White Nationalist and everyone in the media and every 2020 Dem is trying to tie it to Trump. In the case of the ICE facility incident and the congressional shooting, they didn't tie it to AOC or Bernie. The bias is in clear view and it's sickening.

Should any of those events be tied to the politicians, no, absolutely not. Unless a politician is directly telling people to go do these things(M. Waters) then they haven't the least bit of responsibility in those crimes.

Trump has never called for or told anyone to go a kill. Never. Does he use language that some don't like. Sure. But words don't kill. Likewise, I haven't heard AOC call for ICE agents to be killed so we shouldn't hold her responsible for some nut job that tried to blow up the place. I think it's disgusting and void of any knowledge when she calls ICE facilities "concentration camps" but she bears no responsibility for that nut job.

We have a problem than transcends politics, that is very clear and sadly, only some on one side seem to want to talk about it. The other wants to paint everyone that may possibly share one view as one of these killers as an accomplice to their crime. How is it that we are going to have any sort of progress on this issue when one side says this and this is what is being pumped 24/7 through MSM?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You honestly dont believe bullying isnt part of the reason at the very least? Just cause other people go through it fine doesnt mean everyone will.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You do have wonderful hair. I didn't read the rest. :p

Britt likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why? Because you say so?
    Please.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just heard the FBI has 'discovered' the Ohio shooter may be associated with a violent ideology, but they won't elaborate. I think you spell it Antifa, Mr FBI agent :crackup: I also heard one debating if the El Paso POS wrote the manifesto. The crazies, politicians and tin foil folks are on a bender over these.

RIP to the victims and condolences to the friends and families. Lastly heal fast and well to anyone wounded.

18. BHP41

Indeed and it's a worthwhile conversation to have. Our society is rotting and those that have read history are watching in real time it repeat itself in many ways. We have a culture problem and law and order problem to start. We're losing our culture to politics and politics is only relevant if you have culture.

19. BHP41

If he's associated with ANTIFA it was only a matter of time. The President is right to want to label them a terrorist organization.

I find it very odd that his sister was killed and I can't get past that. We've seen people do crazy things before because they had a family disagreement. Sad for all those involved and kudos to the cops in Dayton. If the leftist are paying attention. THAT is what real heroes look like.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Everything I saw he was WAY out there. Sad he would kill her but to go nuts on a lot of random strangers says it all, not any sanity left. The POS in Tx drove 11 hours from one thing I heard to kill people. Some messed up folks.