Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaketheone46, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The OP was talking about street riding and you said slicks are better so...

2. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I hear this way overthinking this a lot. Lol
    As for guys on less tires faster than me?? Sheeeot I’m one of the fastest riders you ever saw, one of the best looking mother fuckers you’ve ever seen, hold my drink bitch. Lol

TurboBlew, bored&stroked and ducnut like this.
  3. Jaketheone46

Sweet thanks much.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The most impressive display of street bike on street tires I’ve ever seen was when Nick Ienatsch and Ken Hill lead the Buell demo program at various tracks around the country. Those bikes were as they sit on the floor, including the OEM tires. They were running ~1:38 range at Barber, all day long, and having a blast. To see such a pig of a bike, on street tires, being flogged like that was impressive.

5. Jaketheone46

Oh I’m sure I’d probably be fine on street tires but not so sure they would have me covered in one of those oh shit moments. Plus I love to come out of the corner hard knowing I have that extra traction. When it does slide it’s different with a race tire it actually feels good

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

It’s a pretty safe bet that the race tires have a much smaller window than the street/track day tire.
    Also, if you are breaking traction on the street with modern tires on a regular basis you need to slow the fuck down...

8. :stupid:

Although I’d be willing to bet he ain’t sliding and spinning shit.

He ‘might’ be feeling a little carcass flex from the tires actually working a little bit, rather than just rolling across the pavement.

ducnut likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:Pop:

Shit just got real. Shots fired.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't make me smack you! Stay off the damn street, you have enough issues when we're around to pick you up :p

track wagon likes this.
  11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Good grief...look at the context of the OP message...it was referencing his buddies coming from slicks to the TD tire and saying they were amazing...now go reread what I wrote...If I have to explain it to you...nevermind.

12. Jaketheone46

Yes exactly this is what I’m talking about, you can give it enough to really flex the carcass without worrying about the dam tire spinning up and spitting you off without any warning. Man I know the majority get on here and try to bullshit like they are all fast. I’m not at all trying to portray this. I was only asking what street/track tire still has that fast turn in feel?? That was my main original question. I have not ever road raced but I did race dirt for over 10 years and am very comfortable sliding around on a motorcycle. I was like the kid in the movie dirt bike kid. As a kid motorcycles was all I ever thought about. I’m 44 year old and have got over talking all like I’m fast many years ago. Would definitely love to get out and ride with any of you all.

13. Jaketheone46

Ha ha no doubt this gorilla George guy really makes me wanna go out a spend the day riding with him. Lol

14. Jaketheone46

Wait I see mr gorilla George is in Tennessee, sweet my last trip of the year to the gap is coming up in September 11th/18th booked at the gap resort but I’ll be all over ten, north c, and Georgia that whole week. Say when as doc holiday would say.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Considering he is an accomplished expert racer and a coach for Sportbike Track Time, he would leave you for dead in the mountains.

16. Jaketheone46

Could care less who would leave who I done said I’ve been over that years ago. Wow some of you all are like a bunch of high school buddies.
    I came here for info on tires, you would think the experts having nothing to prove would help a fellow rider out. Specially a track coach. I’m here for knowledge and it’s like I’m being called out by a bunch of young experts.i guarantee if gorilla George wanted to go for a ride we would have a good ol time. Surely he has nothing to prove.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  17. Jaketheone46

Now I think I want to ride with this rd49 guy. Lol sorry George

18. Jaketheone46

Really though guys I’d love to ride with any of you all, right now I’m trying to get some tires for the trip. I’ve always wanted to try the Michelin’s I’ve always ran pirelli. Thinking maybe power RS or maybe even try Dunlop’s Q4.

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He would give you the shirt off his back........at the race track, as would most anyone here. Asking a silly question framed around that you believe you need a track day tire on the street because a street tire lacks enough grip....well. You would not want to ride with me I am an old, slow, former track day guy. :)

BigBird, Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hot damn a tire thread. Been a minute. I'm in.