MotoGP | 2019 | Round 9 | Sachsenring | Germany | July 5 - 7

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I see handheld equipment, but not a lot bigger than that.

Yes there are some modern direct injection 2 strokes out there in PWC and snowmobiles. Maybe some in mowers, but I haven’t seen much. Yes, there are still a few dirt bikes as well, but they are rare and seem to be getting rarer. If a manufacturer has a motor that meet emissions standards and wants to put it into a track bike for club racing, sounds fine to me! The major race series have left them behind and I don’t see them coming back.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd like to see the sport go to a 5 year cycle on 4T/2T. That should keep things interesting for the fans and keep the manufacturers interested!

Yes, I've been drinking

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Yamaha makes a YZ65, YZ85, YZ125, and YZ250.
    Kawasaki has the KX65, KX85, and KX100.
    The Euros are making everything from 50-300cc two strokes. Most 125 and up are street legal (or at least DOT legal). 300's have a strong market, and most of the Euros still have a carb option to parallel their TPI models. Lots of options if you look for them. Street bike? No. But street legal? You bet.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Who came up with this 4T/2T BS terminology? I hate it.

Ah; f'in Germans. I knew DaveK was behind this.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is there really a need for a road to motoGP series?
    Also, given all the cost related to racing, I fail to see how saving a little money on a two stroke motor is going to fundamentally change the cost structure significantly enough to make an impact towards allowing more people to start racing. Of course KTM wants increased brand awareness and yet another race class or series where their motorcycles and or engines are required to be used by all teams, so.....................

pscook and code3ryder like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Marquez is the Senna of motorcycle racing.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Let's hope not.

Sent from my smatrfone

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Umm no. Did Senna spend half a season blocking a countryman's rival so the countryman could win the championship?

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Related story: While we were riding in Italy last month, prior to the race, we camped at a campground near Tavullia. The campground owner had VR46 stuff hanging everywhere in his outdoor office, and there was another large gentleman there BSing. We were invited for wine and sausage. About an hour into our session, the large visiting guy, who was apparently famous in Italy, showed us his phone with various racers in his speed dial. We called Pasini and talked with him for awhile. LOL. Good times. As a parting gift, the visiting gentleman gave each of us a package of feminine sanitary wipes.

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Duuuuude... really? Let. It. Go! It never happened.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No, who did that?:Poke:
    Senna was probably the best at taking a race car to its limits, and was confident enough to drive at that pace if needed. I don’t think he ever kicked anyone while on track either.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Alain Prost might disagree.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Piquet was gone by then.... :D

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:confused: You all acted like little girls meeting Justin Bieber?:Poke:

Quicktoy and motion like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Pretty much yeah

Quicktoy, Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

sorry, I can't get past "invited for wine and sausage"... whatever you got after accepting that invitation is on you.

MachineR1, motion, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

OMG totally missed that part. I'm not going to even think what the real purpose of those wipes for, NTTAWWT

motion likes this.
  18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Why do you think he was given feminine sanitary wipes.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's the gentlemanly thing to do... "here ya go Babe, clean yourself up and let us know next time you're in town"

BigBird and motion like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Have you guys seen a photo of my wife? :D

assholes