1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can't help but notice that some people who
    think the OP is too whiney about being moved
    are pretty whiney about being moved themselves.

galloway840, Laz and assjuice cyrus like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He's Canadian, he doesn't know what that is man...

Dano711 and mastermind like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I have the same parking spot when I work at the track, right behind the Media Center. Whether I'm working LRRS, USCRA, Legends Cars or the 24 Hours of Lemons. I have a designated "neighborhood" for each type of event. During Lemons, I take care of Team Pro-Crash-Duh-Nation because they feed the entire paddock on Saturday night and also the nephew of the Canaan track manager. (Bribing officials is encouraged at Lemons.) Last year there was a big rig trying to squeeze into a space, but they couldn't fit because I was at my spot. I was flagging the race at the time and somebody came out and told me they were going to try to move my car. I explained that since they were arriving after the race had started that they obviously hadn't rented a garage, so they weren't entitled to park there. It was further explained that I would have Security on the radio to throw them out if they didn't move on.

BTW, for those who were around here for some time, my space is the exact same place that "belonged" to Vella. :D

G 97, TurboBlew and Shenanigans like this.
  6. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

Airstrike eh?

noles19 and mastermind like this.
  7. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Now I understand......

Dano711 likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If my understanding of the situation is/was correct, the OP was parked across a couple/few spots trying to "save" one for a friend who also had a young child before his trailer was moved a foot or two.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well played!

Dano711 likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't believe that was accurate. The OP posted that he had a friend with a young child that was also coming, not that he was a racer for whom he was saving a spot. He therefore needed more space than what a 3 rail trailer would occupy. Lets see what we can do to ensure that spectators don't have a comfortable time at the track. That would be good for the sport. My point still is that nobody, except the OP, knew how much space he needed to set up his pit space the next day. Ignorance is not an excuse to move somebody's trailer and take the space they may have needed the next day. Apparently it is OK for a large rig to park across multiple spaces as long as they are going to accommodate multiple riders and their stuff. But, if a big rig is parked at night without a bunch of bikes out should we just assume they are dicks and don't really need that much space, therefore we would be justified in encroaching on that space, because we wanted it more.

I don't know why people want to continue to try and justify bad behavior which was already conceded by the offender and for which he apologized. I hope he has moved on and hope that Steven will also. The rest of you could help by either making no comments at all or presenting reasonable perspectives on it without 3' screwdrivers.

While this whole episode has been likened to the behavior of 13 year old girls, I was a high school principal for years and have dealt with the drama of many such girls. This does feel familiar.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because it's shit they have done in the paddock and they feel like people are talking about them. :D

crashman, Sweatypants and Dano711 like this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Oy Vey! The guilt must just be eating them up inside. :crackup:

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

14. Sabre699

Tacti-fork.

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Again wera could careless about someone moving someone else's shit. They have bigger beds to lay in

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The answer is 8 more.

17. Sabre699

:Pop:

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well we are now that they brought it up.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Roy will be by later tonight to straighten this shit out...

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I think he’s still in mourning over the Jim Beam holocaust.