1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You took sides before the episode happened. You're just here for the opportunity. :crackup:
    Don't want to speak for him but I don't think it's just about "posting your opinion like everyone else." That's a hilarious interpretation of "don't be a fucking asshole all the time", though. There is a future for you as a White House press secretary. :D

Scotty87 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Does there have to be a future for him? :(

YamahaRick and YamRZ350 like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

^^^WTF??:crackup:

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i freely admit i've moved peoples stuff. Couple times loud ass gens were parked closer to my pit, than the friggin guy's pit who owned the generator ! i moved that fuker closer to his pit. Just a few weeks ago at Summit point, at the end of the day, this guy had a DJ pa speaker blasting some kinda house/rap music. Had it aimed right OUT of his pit area, he was literally sitting in a chair on the back side of the thing with a couple buddies. I let this go on for about 20 minutes, many of us in that general direction nearly not being able to talk to one another.. i walked over and turned that fukin thing right around aiming right at him and his buds.
    Point was, if you are so fukin stupid to do what went on above... i'm not wasting time and breath to converse about this, and ask "pretty please, with sugar on top" for you to remedy the situation.

Moving stuff while for the most part is a big "NO", i think as RobbyBobby pointed out, there are situations where ya just don't need to get quite as worked up over the situation. Do you jump in a guys rig, start it up, and move it over? hell no.. (unless it's on fire and about to catch more stuff on fire). Point being, the blanket statement of "don't touch stuff" is a "rule of thumb" and it takes a specific circumstance to stray from this rule..

K51000, backbone, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Screw it, this is too much, I'll be the asshole asking the question nobody wants to touch: the little kids in the story, is their mom your ex girlfriend/wife? Is that the source of the resentment?

badmoon692008, mastermind and JCW like this.
  6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I was going to say, his opinion is always just a little edgier than necessary.

7. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Eh, I hung out with both of the people in this thread (the mover and the moved). Seemed like good dudes, just some bad communication maybe. Stuff like this is why I try to get as far as I can from everyone else in the paddock- less late-night minis and early morning loudmouths.

ToofPic, noles19, Laz and 2 others like this.
  8. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

If you move my stuff, I would assume you are stealing it and would respond accordingly.

Just sayin...

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

If implying you would shoot someone, or shiv them with a 3' screwdriver cause your dumb ass cant be sensible on generator and loud music etiquette..
    It would be a huge over reaction...

Just sayin..

K51000, turbulence and G 97 like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whoooohoo another multi-page bitch fest with ties to CMRA. Coincidence or trend?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I went through the drive thru at McDonalds one time only to discover, after I was a few blocks away - that my order was incorrect. I promptly went to Burger King to complain about my order.

People need to learn how to resolve issues correctly while at the track face to face. Not after the fact when nothing can be resolved other then complaining to the wrong people.

12. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve done this before with generators. No way you’re placing your loud generator closer to my pit then your own.

turner38 and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Shoot? Stab? That is where your head goes? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I meant call you out, make sure you stop moving my shit that instant, and notify whoever is running the event. That is what normal people do by the way.

You got issues.

15. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Pitchfork ok then????

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nah...he was sayin' assumed theft. That merits a busted cranium.
    Idiots with rude generators will never go away. Loud music blasters either.
    Racer's can make that shit go away by inserting their ear plugs. Happy 4th.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Still might be stretching it but was this a joke amongst friends?

18. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

The internet. Where everyone is a badass, common sense is not common and attention whores get laid.

MachineR1, Laz and Sabre699 like this.
  19. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

Airstrike...

mastermind likes this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Big difference here. Moving somebody's stuff with them around, for the specific purpose of pointing out bad behavior on their part is one thing and not much of an issue. Public bad behavior, warrants public sanction. If the speaker was blasting rap, I would have considered using a 3' screwdriver on the speaker. I hate rap!!!

That is way different than moving somebody else's stuff when they are not around, so you can have their space.

VFR#52 and assjuice cyrus like this.