1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all the video game nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You people will argue about anything! How is this shit even up for discussion? Everyone knows that you need to relax to get quality sleep. Playing Call of Duty for two hours is the opposite of relaxation. That’s why it’s fun!

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At least thousands. Like I said above, this stuff is common knowledge.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So is global warming.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Common knowledge doesn't make it true. I have zero issues sleeping after watching TV. I fall asleep quicker and easier with the tv on no matter the lights flashing, the audio portion does have to be pretty mellow. I also fall asleep right after reading books that are mentally stimulating.

Yes my information is anecdotal but for now so is yours. You made the claim, you get to prove it :D

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

While I don't game nearly as often as in my teens/twenties, I still find it an occasional method of relaxation/escape. Most times it is just 45 minutes to an hour, mostly sports/racing games as they are single serving and don't require much investment. Last long-term game I played to completion was Fallout 4. I've never found it difficult to fall asleep afterwards, and I still manage to get in a solid workout 5 days a week.

The whole "nerd in his mothers basement" is a tired, outdated trope............the gaming industry is the biggest it's ever been, and is more mainstream than ever. Are there folks that abuse it? Of course.....but no more than anybody else who is hooked to something that brings them enjoyment.
    [​IMG]

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I experienced difficulty getting to sleep when playing games when I changed my TV to a 65 inch LED 4k. The light coming out of there was just so effing bright, it was like daylight sometimes. Now books, however stimulating, will certainly help me go to sleep.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

First-world problems.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Are you hitting on me?

9. Venom51

Other commonly known things that aren't true either.

1. You won't go blind sitting close to a television set.
    2. Hair won't grow on your palms from daily self abuse.
    3. No your face won't get stuck that way.
    4. Grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
    5. Fat girls don't always say yes.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't like being wrong...but I was close.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’d hit on you...

With a baseball bat.

12. Venom51

Are you sure you know how to operate one? Maybe there is an internet article or video that explain it to you.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m quite sure I could figure it out. If not, my bare hands would get the job done easily.

14. 600 dbl are

See! Nickle handy night at the truck stop has taught you something!

15. Venom51

Anger issues? Maybe sit around trying to grow hair on your palms. I hear that can be quite relaxing then maybe those pesky video games won't keep you awake.

16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

eh man im up at 3am. at 930 im struggling to keep the eyes open regardless of lights or patterns or any shit going on in my brain. i shut it off, brush my teeth and crash for 6ish +\- hours before i start my caffeine addiction back up. :D

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just fed up with you two pussies and your petty bullshit. I'd really like to meet each of you in person. Your shitposting has gotten ridiculous.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You really need to get off the Internet for a few months.

19. 600 dbl are

:crackup:

[​IMG]

20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Who-Gave-You-The-Nickel_o_103501.jpg