1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all the video game nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

So...on a lighter note, this new system might be worth buying... My "current gaming computer" I just realized was built somewhere around 2006 and has only had a newer memory card stuffed into it a few years back... I was debating building new but, for the most part, it's just been an internet cruiser for the past several months and I do like the "plug&play" of my PS²...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It will be a solid performer but I am skeptical of the 8k if they tout anything above 30fps. I am even more skeptical if they tout those numbers with full ray tracing.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My rig is future proofed on the cpu, memory and ssd. I'll need a new vid card sometime between now and Cyberpunk 2077 though.

Bloodhound likes this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Because it’s too simplistic to say any of that. Example ... you crashed your motorcycle while running old tires. Someone says it wasn’t the tires that caused the crash. By your logic, the only other option is that it must have been the tires. They may have contributed. But there’s no definitive link to say the tires definitely caused the crash, just that they are a contributing risk factor.

If smoking caused cancer, factually, then everyone that smoked would get cancer. It doesn’t. It’s a contributing risk factor. I can’t believe this is really that difficult.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ll be buying a new system when it comes out, regardless. If for no other reason than to have the option of utilizing the latest & greatest should I choose to (and the tv’s catch up to the display tech).

6. Bloodhound

It may be optimistic but after playing around on my buddies racing sim I was ready to start buying a chassis, pedals, steering servo....and a bunch of CPU parts...

7. Venom51

Do it. You need to come run on iRacing with us...

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s contributing enough that you’re a fucking idiot if you do it. By your logic we shouldn’t worry about putting new tired on the bike, wearing our seatbelts, eating right, etc.

How about this? Steph Curry makes 3 pointers. Fact or not?

9. Bloodhound

May wind up going that route....all leisure purchases are on hold right now due to contract negotiations here at work.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

How is that my logic? I think smoking is dumb. It can contribute to developing cancer. You really are incapable of having a civil discussion about anything, aren’t you? Papa is spot on about you.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’re the one arguing over a commonly accepted truth and the definition of the word “fact”. And you brought it up on a tangent not even related to the discussion.

12. Venom51

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That’s how you see this whole thing? Awesome. You’re just the gift that keeps on giving. Enjoy.

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I didn’t think so either, but the loading times are so so much faster.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was what I really wanted but don't play enough to justify it.

16. Close, but I actually work 4 weeks, then get 4 weeks off.

17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Somewhat related to the topic: MotoGP '19 worth the purchase? Just finished Rage 2, and I'm not quite ready to go back to Overwatch, yet.

Secondary question: why is someone who hates video games the person with the most replies in this thread? Aren't there other threads available that might align better with their personal interests?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  18. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Rainbow Six Siege is one of those games that will suck you in. The better you get, the more interesting the gameplay and strategy become. But that was when I was on an internship and didn't have shit to do except play online with my college buddies. Now back at school it's mainly for Hulu, which I get free with Spotify. Never been into story-mode games but Cyberpunk is one I think I'll have to get. Only reason I'd ever get a PC is for a VR iracing setup. I don't need immaculate graphics when I'm running and gunning for 30min before class. That was a lot of random info. I need sleep.

19. Bloodhound

28/28? That's what my offer was back in '98 or '99.. Did they stay the same format?

20. If I had to guess, I would say boredom, loneliness, unresolved anger issues, and a dose of this:

will_argue_with_anyone_about_anything.jpg