1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all the video game nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 14, 2019.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

my video game time is like, 8pm to 930pm a couple nights a week. kids are in bed, wife is watching some show on ipad, what am i supposed to be doing?

Funkm05 and Steeltoe like this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Clearly, you should be getting outside and going for a run while touting how great keto is. :D

3. Apparently you're supposed to be searching for pics of Croatian PAWGs.

socalrider and Rebel635 like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

EXACTLY!

@socal Seriously though, how do you sleep after that?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Link?

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Turn it off. Walk into bedroom. Crawl into bed. Close eyes. Pretty simple, really. It’s a video game. If you get that invested in it, maybe you do need a different hobby.

socalrider likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not that you’re consciously thinking about it after. The light patterns and mental stimulation make your brain think it should be up and alert instead of resting.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ok..go believe whatever other internet article you read this week.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We’re not all Pavlovian slobberers.

That said, I haven’t fired up the XB1 since the MotoGP season started and using the Roku app I discovered the Roku remote will control the new AV receiver so I don’t have to fuck with another remote.

I do miss the 4K resolution from the XB1 though. It is obvious at 10’ on a 65”. :moon:

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fuck you man

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Broome doesn't rest. ;-)

Fwiw....my comments are in jest. Didn't intend this to turn into the dog pile it is.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It has nothing to do with that. Unless you’re blind or lobotomized, intense visual and mental stimulation right before bed will negatively affect your sleep.

It’s why you don’t sleep with the lights on.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

The optic nerve still senses light and dark, even if you don't have eyes.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Then correct me by sharing your great wisdom oh wise one....

I’d like to hear how the agreed upon science of thousands of doctors, researchers, etc is all wrong according to WERA.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s why I rub one out before lights out...

Ain’t nothing intense about that! :crackup:

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s that thing called where blind people lose track of whether it’s day or night?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thousands? :crackup:

BTW - I am not WERA.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

It's that why they always sleep in?

There are different kinds of blind. I asked about it trying to understand why my cat would look into a flash light shined in his face. It turns out he still has the optic nerve where his eyes were. I would assume the same is true for people. If the optic nerve is damaged out removed them im guessing it's all blackness.

There's actually a thing called NLP. No light perception when it comes to being blind. But from quick reading, most blind people do not have this.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's a buncha horseshit. Oprah Winfrey science. Same with the blue light crap.