1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairlife

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 28, 2017.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

What you got against donkeys? They are good pets too.

2. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

By that logic we should stop consuming/making cheese, butter, cream, yoghurt, ice cream............

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Possibly - Probably. There's a huge amount of information available on the net about lactose and humans, the antibiotics and hormones in milk and how it affects us, as well as a host of other related issues, but it deserves it's own thread, likely in the dungeon.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Half and half belongs in the dungeon? Lol stop the world, I want to get off.

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Said Who .. a Gallon of Milk ( 2%) will last me two days .. maybe . And at 63 i’m Almost an Adult

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I completely agree about the potential problems that hormones and antibiotics can cause, but I can't be bothered to start a dedicated thread for it because I doubt I can ever give up milk and its byproducts.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't rant about the politics related to the FDA and the dairy industry in General. There's also a racism angle that will probably get played at some point.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hon? I say this in a loving way. You need a hobby. A productive, focused one. :)

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oprah! :crackup:

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait... Milk is racist now?

Damn. I didn't get that memo. I didn't get the one about the secret hand signals either.

Apparently I need to contact the head office and update my account info.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

13. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Nope. There are many flavors of milk so there's plenty of diversity there. ;)

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think I have ADD. I've got a million things rolling around in my brain all the time. I get more done when I'm doing ten different things. I'm also stuffed with a lifetime of useless knowledge. No kidding, before the internet, I used to read encyclopedias for fun.:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Pop quiz, the fastest animal on the planet?
    No Googling.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hayabusa isn't it? A Japanese falcon of some sort.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  17. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Are you in the dairy industry by chance

18. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Yup, AKA Pergerine Falcon.

I took a crack at some die hard Hayabusa fans not knowing what Hayabusa even means, not a single one of them did.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sort of. So nearly everyone on earth can digest lactose as a child, but it fades away as we grow up. At some point in history a subset of white people in Northern Europe managed to hold on to this ability into adulthood. It gave them an edge because they could turn to their livestock for nourishment. Natural selection doing what it does, the people who had this ability flourished and eventually came to dominate what we know as the Western World. White supremists latched on to that and used it as evidence that white people were "better" or "more developed" than other races.

Funny thing is that it's also prevalent in people from what is now Ethiopia (iirc).

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My stepfather was a dairy farmer.