1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairlife

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Your life is sorted. :D

Putter likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's because....

:D :D :D

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

His data is meaningless without knowing can size.
    Stuff rates at around 25% fat and 3.4% salt w/w.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

The Midwest so maybe that helps.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It could serve a double duty.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's meat. Pig. Mainly ham really.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most of the fat sloughs off the outside anyway :D

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I blame Chris for piquing my curiosity at the grocery store today....

IMG_6523.JPG

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Kale?
    Good Lord, man.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

?

Did you think most beeb'ers subsisted on only beer and bacon?

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You ever see the amount of processing it takes to get milk fat free? No thanks. And the protein....is it artificially added after the fact? What's stopping you from mixing in a scoop of your favorite protein powder to regular milk?

It's funny. I work for a good packaging machinery company and was at head office a few weeks ago. They get samples of products to be wrapped to see if potential customers like it.

They had this nasty ass cookie that looked absolutely nothing like the packaging it was going showed it as. Marketed as all natural, preservative free, all the latest granola muching lovers wet dream key words. But if you read further and know what you're looking at, they were spraying acid on the mix to preserve it plus a bunch of other nasty stuff. So in their quest to be able to have all these buzz words on the label they were processing the shit out of it.

And it tasted like ass.....

12. Nothing is. I already said I use this milk to make my protein smoothies.

But when I just want to drink milk (like with breakfast), I don't want to add protein powder. Since I'm going to drink milk anyway, I might as well drink the one that tastes the best, has half the sugars, and double the protein.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sauté kale in some butter, throw a couple of eggs on top, cover until they firm up, and Yum!

Prospect likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or... just use the eggs. Throw out the rabbit food. :D

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kale like other cruciferous veggies is high in Indole-3 Carbinole. A compound that helps the body metabolize and excrete estrogen.

In other words kale (like broccoli) makes you more manly. Beer is estrogenic and inhibits test production and makes you more feminine.

[​IMG]

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

One of the biggest nutrition lies on the planet is that milk fat is bad for you. Milk fat contains some of the most critical FAT-SOLUBLE vitamins the human body needs, not to mention that the fat will slow down the absorption of lactose in the milk thereby reducing its glycemic index. Skimmed milk is the absolute worst kind of milk you can drink.

Chaotic, Fairlife sounds like a great option for when you need the protein but not the calories. It's not a complete replacement for milk but it looks like it would have its place in a solid diet. I hope the nutritional profile data is accurate. I'm going to give it a try.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't stand the taste of beer.

18. In Your Corner

You left out the last part.
    Empty the pan into the garbage and cook something else.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, it's actually REALLY good. Try it some time. It's never to late to eat right.

20. In Your Corner

People eat dandelion greens too, but I just mow them.

caferace likes this.