1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't but you guys seem pretty consistent :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, because you don't notice a letter missing here and there is you don't know the names.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

All hail the great Mango!
    :D

JBarx and cha0s#242 like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nah...we've evolved from that and taken a lesson from our Canadian brethren...
    Now we want to see them pounded down with hockey sticks. :D

cha0s#242, stk0308 and Rebel635 like this.
  5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

6. DrA5

7. DrA5

8. DrA5

9. DrA5

[​IMG]

ekraft84 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. DrA5

There were many more, but a lot of them have been covered already regarding Jon, and the numbers of Dothraki and Unsullied. I didnt want to bore with too much repetition and :dead:

sbk1198, Lawn Dart and Sabre699 like this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Poisoned under Cercei's orders. So, to me, she's more to blame than the boar.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was there even poison? I need to watch the first season again. I remembered the kid being under orders to keep him drunk enough that he would have a hunting accident.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

True. It was never absolutely proven. But, I think the scheming wench had it all figured, and an intention to end him. One way or another.

15. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I'm with a lot of you guys.... big MEH.

Unfortunately the leaks were dead-on bullseye and I read them because I thought for sure they had filmed multiple endings and there was no way they were right. I figured it would just make good alternate theory-crafting fodder.

Nope... they played out to the letter. No surprises, lots of WTF.

WTF - Why are we spending all this camera time watching people watch things? There is story undeveloped here.
    WTF - Are we supposed to believe that Drogon understands symbolism and ambition? Uhh... ok then.
    WTF - Why is Dany in the throne room.... ALONE?
    WTF - If the Unsullied and Dothraki are just gonna peace-out... why is Jon bothering to actually go to the wall? Are we supposed to think that's what he wants of all his options? Wouldn't it be simpler if he had one line of dialogue to express that?
    WTF - Speaking of Jon, that dude has been reduced to a neutered yes-man all season long. We haven't seen a character robbed more of their agency since Theon was captured by Ramsay. Pathetic. He made one pivotal decision, and although it was a big one he really had no choice in that one either.
    WTF - How does Tyrion go from a prisoner to a keynote speaker directing a new form of government in literally 60 seconds? Grey Worm was supposed to be orchestrating a mexican standoff and instead he's standing there grinding his teeth with his dick in his hand while his prisoner runs shit. I mean... huh?
    WTF - And how does.... you know what, fuck it. Nevermind.

I don't really have a huge issue with where everyone ended up - except maybe the Bronn thing but I can even let that slide too. It's all just too damn fast. It was jarring, sloppy, and you can sense the urgency to wrap this up in the episodes. Kind of a bummer.

But I'm an objective dude - still a work of art. Still one of the best shows ever to be on television. It just went out with a whimper and it somewhat betrayed its own legacy. Oh well... now to wait for Westworld.

sbk1198, Lawn Dart and ekraft84 like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pssssttt......:crackup:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't make excuses to try to separate yourself from other viewers with no will power. :crackup:It wasn't that hard to wait for the final episode.

cha0s#242 and stk0308 like this.
  18. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Not a totally unfair assessment. I really did think they were going to be bullshit though!

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

How come we weren't introduced to Starbucks cup and Water Bottle in earlier seasons? Rushed. That's why. :D

Jedb likes this.
  20. DrA5

Don't forget, Jamie also got his hand back when he hugged Cersei one last time.

Jedb likes this.