1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yes, verbally told they were allowed when Kris questioned it.
    Seems like I inquired about it before we built the bike but need to go back through emails and see.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

my understanding, the twins class is the next step to full sized bikes (600/1000). It should help ensure the future riders are more prepared to dice it up with serious professionals on the bigger bikes. It's also a MUCH cheaper alternative than racing said full sized bikes, with may ALSO help ensure some future talent gets to showcase.. and in meantime, get to race with some current and past professional racers who are also on the twins bikes.

scottn, t11ravis and turbulence like this.
  3. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

I did with a stocker at Rd Atl... granted there were only 9 bikes on the grid

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I get it and think its a nice step up from Junior cup before jumping to 600s. Surprised to see Dumas so far back in Twins class, and even better example is seeing Yates so far back in the 600 class. Im just saying there is something left to be desired from the class and I just cant pinpoint it. Maybe a SPEC bike would be cool for that class, then its all rider for the most part. I loved seeing that Ducati out there, and Barnes.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Was your bike one of the nice ones, or one of the beaters?

969, rcarson15, drop and 1 other person like this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I overall was very pleased with the stream. SBK and SSP were awesome, races were very good.

I am happy twins had such a huge field, but many of those bikes didnt seem very professional, whole body work coming off the bike was not a good look.
    It was nice to see a Ducati there too.

Still havent watch the 300s, was the racing good?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the whole bodywork was a bad look for sure but it was also the pole sitter so there is give and take. I was surprised there were no spares even for a budget team.

MXjunky, rafa, MELK-MAN and 1 other person like this.
  8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not trying to be a devil’s advocate, but- There were bulletins about homologation deadlines from MA. I think it was 3/31. It’s the team’s job to check those. We do it each season.

Having said that, Tech was at fault for being so late in enforcing the rule. Unpopular failure.

9. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

From what I heard, a lot of the twins guys needed to step their game up in terms of appearance/representation.

I wouldn't mind MA telling guys to fuck off if their pits, bikes, or overall presence is too "club".

10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The MotoAmerica series needs something that generates chatter, excitement, or conversations, at many places, and at many levels. The tuners classes have been that filler for years. Tuners classes (XR1200/ProTwins/Formula USA) are one thing that can pull many older racers back into racing. Those experienced racers have the desire to go racing, but choose not to obligate the resources required to run at the front of any of the national level classes. A 'clapped out SV' ($3500) has made me smile thousands of times for the money I've got in it. I still get a grin every time I get knee down and it drives off the corner, almost like a real race bike... It is an attainable goal for the enthusiasts. Even better when one guy is able to get past a good/long time racing friend/"Turn 1" team mate from the 1999 WERA Willow 24 hour. The fun of that event will keep us laughing, and teasing, for a long time.

turbulence likes this.
  11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

No...

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

His would have been one of the nice ones.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

great seeing ya this weekend and catching up a little. would be better over beers next time. yeah no clue what this anchovie wants with me :)

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

He's just a pissy old man these days. Argues about anything.
    Great seeing you too dude, next time dinner/beers for sure.

sanee likes this.
  15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Because one dude winning by 18 seconds is cool.

Twin class. The Ducati is ugly. Very ugly. The press conference after the race you could hear them try to steer away from how fast that bike is.

Bodywork coming off, ya it wasn't a cool look for the first race, but I support those boys and glad to see them out there. Secondly, and I don't know how many there were, but I saw at least 5-6 twins that the bodywork air snorkle is not center of the bike. Literally off center by 2 inches. Could see it plane as day on the stream. 1st race out if any you should want to be on your 100% a game on looks.

The jr cup is going to be a joke if they don't do something..

Twins still fantastic class that has all you haters even talking about it.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

WTF, why don't all of you haters just merge this Ducati conspiracy into the WSBK Ducati hate thread too.

MXjunky likes this.
  17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What do you suggest they do about the jr. cup? Last season and round 1 this year just looks like there’s one kid that’s put in the work to be a cut above. Not taking anything away from the other kids but it’s not like there isn’t a plethora of other riders on equal equipment. Especially this year.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

No matter where you put Rocco Landers he is going to cause problems for everyone! That will be a household name in 10 years max! Locally he destroys every class he enters around here also with different orgs. I am more worried about the R3 lack of HP then Rocco running away. That south African on the Westby racing R3 was fun to watch on that under-powered bike. Demon on the brakes. Maybe they should force Rocco to ride the R3! Haha, He would still probably find a way to win!

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

who the fuck are you the fashion police?

MXjunky, turbulence, mike574 and 5 others like this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Well you do have to admit it was a little uncommon to see Green go interview the pole sitter and the camera guy do a closeup on the (smashed) tank.
    Kris missed a great opportunity when asked about it being special to say simply "Yeah. No leaks!". :D

Good job helping guys get out there, Cop. Good stuff.