1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Barney no Duc comes with a cast Brembo. Parrish yes, Murray yes, Draik and Madama run R6 masters so no. M4 bikes yes. JU and CU were pissed and called Brembo that night trying to get them in. Turner yes, Both 419 bikes, Roaring Toyz yes, Chris Bays yes, Adams brothers yes, Tigert yes... That's just off the top of my head..

Brad likes this.
  2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Was not a great weekend for front fenders, but most of the racing was really good.

3. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Barney...duh!

stk0308, Sabre699 and G 97 like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That was a given. I was talking about the battle for 2nd place.

5. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I 'bout had a heart attack when Gerloff reached down to try to pull the fender off. Take it to the pits, son!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wanted to smack him upside the head a couple dozen times those two laps!

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:bow: I couldn’t believe he didn’t pull in only to do it again a second time. Hopefully all of the demons were exercised this weekend for the remainder of the season. He’s still a contender.

Chino52405, Joe Remi and 418 like this.
  8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I haven't heard that phrase in, like, forever. You must be old! :D

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am.

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Mechdziner714

He probably would've had a better angle on it if he wheelied first, lol.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

C81772F1-3177-4889-8BAF-8E047D6C33BA.jpeg

Attached Files:

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure all of them had to
    Come up with something. We had a really hard time finding one last minute because we had bigger fish to fry and all of the teams that had spares had let go of them before we knew and had time to address the issue. I know Palmer was told palmed had sourced brake parts from a couple of different teams.

Was it cheating for us to run the Brembo last year when we were verbally told it was allowed by the tech director? There was a definite change in policy with no changes in wording of the rule book. Honestly when it comes down to it, the reality of it is the interepretation of the rules by the tech director is all that matters. When he changes his interperatation of the rules and what is allowed without communicating thatto all teams it is a real issue. I would be VERY SUPRISED if any bike that finished on the box last year had a stock master on it.

13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The twins class is not a good supporting class with the bikes out there. It was not entertaining to me. I dont know any names myself so I have no attachment to the class. I just like watching pro racing. The twins race does not represent that today. Just my 2 cents. I know there are a lot of guys on this forum who love and support and have a bunch of buddies in the class and I get it, but just calling it how I see it. The junior cup is 50 times more exciting to watch.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Were you verbally told by anyone that you could run it this year?

Last year was last year. Trying to use that as an excuse for this year doesn't work for me sorry. Doesn't matter what was said last year or any other year.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm curious - what is more entertaining? Also were you watching it online or in person?

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

The Junior cup I thought was more enjoyable to watch. I streamed every race, all weekend. Did not miss anything. Made a big dent in my couch all weekend. Watched WSBK also so got full couch workout. Im just not a fan of the current twins class. Yes I am a minority but just my opinion.

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

If you can watch WSBK you can watch anything. Pick one of the locals around here to be your twins rider and pick one to hate if you have to aside from last weekend the racing is usually damn good.

Steeltoe and JBall like this.
  18. Mechdziner714

Id rather watch the MA twins race again over watching a new WSBK race, different strokes....

renegade17 likes this.
  19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

i'm sure chem guy can chime in here too... are they glued on or rivets? spabond 345 is good

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was figuring on how you saw it because yeah, the show absolutely was better for the Juniors because of that battle for 2nd. The Twins had some battles but nothing like that.

I'm not a fan of either class because they are taking a lot of riders from our grids but that's just me :D

MXjunky likes this.