1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't God stop gun violence

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by turtlecreek, Dec 3, 2018.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

“When faced with reality, I can either accept it for what it is or come up with a cockamamie story for some giant dude in the sky and how it’s all part of his master plan”.

Sounds reasonable.

2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Here's a question I think is applicable to this discussion: You are the pilot of an airplane that just took off. You have complete engine failure and you have no choice but to put the airplane down immediately. You have two choices on where to put the plane down. And you must choose one instantly. Choice #1 is a heavily congested area and you will most certainly kill and injure many people if you land there, but you will survive the crash. Choice #2 has no people or animals that would be killed or injured but you will die if you land there. I realize no one knows how they will actually react to any situation until it really happens. But what do you "think" you would do, honestly.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I think believers would say you went wrong when you ascribed human characteristics/feelings to and entity/being whose nature we can not know or comprehend.

He exists precisely for the reason that those things are un-handle-able. He is "the crutch" (as people here love to call Him). And I think that when you are desperate, and you need that crutch, and it comes to prop you up in your darkest hour, you are eternally grateful for it, so grateful, that you commit yourself to trying to love others the same way you experienced His love...if you choose to believe that that is what it was.

4. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Honest question in search of knowledge. Does science have a theory about where matter came from? Been a long time since I was in school.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At this point, what does it matter?

auminer and Yzasserina like this.
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'm not sure I can say it any different than I did, so happy holidays!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Amazon

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yep. Lots of them and they are quite fascinating.
    *Light - Photons. They decay and create matter.
    *Multiverse theories - we are a bubble sprung from another universe - We got shot out of the back end of the cosmic trash compactor known as a black hole.
    *It always existed - beginning to compact after all of the energy from the bang is used up - then blowing out again once it's super compacted.
    *Then there is string theory...no fucking way can I summarize that mess so it makes sense.

I love this stuff. The possibilities are endless because we just don't have a fucking clue.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Richard B. Riddick once said,
    "Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God... And I absolutely hate the fucker."

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that theories is is all we have.
    Some accept that. Most don't.

11. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

To the OP -
    Not everything that happens in this world is Gods will.
    Jesus taught His disciples to pray to the Father in Matthew 6:10

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"

If God's will was automatically done He would not have taught this way.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So, of all the multiverses, we got the shitiverse?
    That explains a lot. :D

13. CausticYarn

You don't know that. There could be a universe where all your food comes from literal shit. :D

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

McDonalds?

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So, wait... God DOESN'T have a plan, then? Everything is random?

Weird how there's so many inherent contradictory beliefs in this 'faith' stuff.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It kinda does...

[​IMG]

17. ton

ton Arf!

ashes to ashes. shit to shit.

18. CausticYarn

I have been calling myself a mushroom for quite some time.
    I feel like I am kept in the dark and fed shit.

19. ton

ton Arf!

do you cause hallucinations?

20. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

God does have a plan. However His plan/will is in conflict with His adversaries plan/will and often with mans plan/will.
    While God eventually wins the war He doesn't always win each battle.