1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't God stop gun violence

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by turtlecreek, Dec 3, 2018.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

There is zero danger in pure science, in and of itself. Settled science, on the other hand, is an oxymoronic construct and has the potential for societal manipulation.

turtlecreek likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Gravity is still a theory. :D

turtlecreek likes this.
  3. nigel smith

As a motorcycle racer, you know full well that gravity can double or triple in force with no warning whatsoever.

turtlecreek likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

MX/SX racers have recorded tens of thousands of attempts at disproving the theory over many decades. It is my understanding that all have failed and returned to earth.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That doesn't mean it can't happen.:D

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Secularism, as defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary,[1] is the "indifference to, or rejection or exclusion of, religion and religious considerations.

Wikipedia said that, and that was kind of what I thought it was. Secularism seems to me to include science. So saying you dont like religion and you don't like secularism is kind of like saying I don't like A AND I don't like NOT A.

Again, what's left?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just means they haven't built one with enough power yet. :D

8. nigel smith

As a young man, I rode a Kawasaki 750 triple. At the time, it seemed capable of violating the laws of physics (and the laws of the state of Alabama) at will. Occasionally, I consider getting another, but fear it will fall short of my teenaged memories.