1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midterms: Should we take bets on the results?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Oct 30, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, this thread is a lot less triumphant than some of the bold predictions of the past year suggested it should be. I almost feel too guilty to engage in some thread light bumpage.

The Great One likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My people did what they needed to do. We kicked a D out of the Senate and passed a weed bill. I'm not responsible for failings of the weaklings in some of those other states.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That and insects the size of raccoons.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One thing I noticed with GA voters - everybody wants Sunday booze sales :D

:beer:

R Acree likes this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No. Our people work in a dangerous, high volume, mechanized, distribution environment. We dont need those accidents.

And I say that as someone who is VERY pro cannabis.

Maybe we should have chosen somewhere beside tiny market Greenville to place our only distribution center.

6. Fonda Dix

just hush and vote for Le Pen please.

:)

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't get this argument. What happens if somebody shows up to work drunk? There are LOTS of ways to determine intoxication besides BAC. The same tests are applicable to marijuana and other drugs. And if whatever drug the person is on DOES NOT impair their motor skills or judgement, what's the harm?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Would you bet your company, in front of a jury, that their skills are unimpaired?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't remember anything you wrote. That must have been pretty mild, as far as predictions go.
    I'm not even sure anyone will have an opportunity to vote for that beast next time around. Things are now going great for her.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The guy who comes in hungover is no safer than the guy who comes in stoned, and I would say he's less productive.
    I did extensive research in this area some years back, although I seem to have misplaced my notes.

motoracer1100 and Fonda Dix like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really. You can smell drunk a lot of the time. Pot usually isn't as obvious an impairment.

What drug do companies test for that doesn't impair a persons motor skills or judgement?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's that got to do with drug testing?

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nancy P. a moment ago:

"Healthcare was on the ballot and heathcare won."

What exactly did it win?

cav115 likes this.
  14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

He's high and can't find his notes?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We should prolly test before allowing posts :D

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

And ruining the beeb too?

17. Fonda Dix

The insurance company says zero tolerance on cannabis. The discussion ends there.

BTW, I agree with you. However, we cant legally test people for alcohol consumed on their free time like we can cannabis. If we could, we would.
    The company tests everybody from CEO, to Sales, to Distribution to Contractors.
    Meanwhile, the best way to mitigate accidents remains leadership, monitoring of work functions, and process improvement. It is not through administering an easily beatable test.

Risk Mitigation>Freedom all day, errr day.

DrA5 likes this.
  18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You can do better. Whip out the quotes bra! Life is no fun if everybody is right.

19. Fonda Dix

Oh man I must have read some propaganda. I saw something the other day that said Macron was at his highest disapproval ever and that Le Pen was a rising star again.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Anderson County SC just passed this one.

Getting out of the stone age like it's 2018