1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midterms: Should we take bets on the results?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Oct 30, 2018.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Trump backs Pelosi as speaker. He must really dislike her.:crackup:

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

He plays the game well. He can run against that successfully in 2020.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The devil you do know...

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Same here. Evers, who sucked so bad running WI schools, wants to hike gas tax up like that, along with other tax increases.

Although we could do to Evers like the dumbs tried on Walker, recall election.

Funkm05 likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Exactly how I’m feeling in WI this am.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Yeah, you are right Wisconsin....we didn’t need record low unemployment, having the state be on the international radar for industry and development, charter schools or low taxes. Kids should be stuck in a failing school only based on their zip code. It's ok for teachers to walk around schools with their pants around their ankles...... Why should businesses come to the frozen tundra without anything to offer potential employees other than hunting land?

I do know one thing. You won't see us storming the Capital, climbing through bathroom windows to poop in the hallways and sky scream, demanding a recall. It's called Being An Adult.

crashman likes this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But ... maybe finding people to hire will become a bit easier when the smaller businesses start to struggle.

8. DrA5

Although I said you most likely won't see the tantrum from the Right, because common sense and all, it would be funny to see Madison's head explode if we followed precedence of just wanting a do-over election because we didn't like the outcome. The hypocrisy of their response would be epic, and I guarantee none of them will even recognize their double standards.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Unfortunately bringing worthless vermin in with them.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Congrats to New York's 14th District. You managed to elect someone dumber than Bernie. You should be proud.

crashman likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

There's a house for sale like just across the street from me, HMU, if you want the details???

:eek: :D :p

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This is silver lining #2

The low skill labor market in WI is a nightmare right now and we need some relief.

Funkm05 likes this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My biggest issue is my trade. If I'd was an electrician or plumber, I could move to bumfuck egypt and make plenty of money.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Stop testing candidates for marijuana and you'll have a ton more to choose from.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We test. Far too many puff, puff pass.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't worry if Pelosi has her way you will be flooded with applicants soon, english optional.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That is correct. The number one problem that manufacturers have in my area regarding employees is finding applicants that can pass.

On a related note, some educators have suggested that we quit testing to determine the grades that our students get as a measure of their performance. Participation is what's important in both cases.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Although the legality is indeed an issue, until you get insurance underwriters to drop their zero tolerance policy requirements for liability coverage, there will probably still be testing.

cpettit likes this.
  20. DrA5

Its not just that, I have two buddies that run businesses where they can't get applicants to pass a simple math test, plus pass the drug test. No good having a carpenter that can't do simple math. No good having a guy work on a line where he needs to do anything other than pull a lever 8 hours a day.