1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Go on back to watching cartoons now kiddo, the grown-ups are talking. We'll come get you when supper's ready.

2. :rolleyes:

zrx12man likes this.
  3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Just havin some fun dude.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Herrin just posted a pic of his attack bike and the Suzuki on Instagram and asked which people want to see him on...

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Attack.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Whichever one has funding and gets him paid. If all else being equal, would like to see Attack challenging for wins every round with him on it.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Am I the only one seeing that post, and thinking, he's bringing money to the table? I want him back out there, but I hope I'm wrong about that.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's how the attack ride worked this year

9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

if thats the case (none of my bz), He knows how to go on the Attack, and they have some momentum that appeared to be panning out.

go for the Gold!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The dude needs Coors Light sponsorship to go with Der Wienerschnitzel.

As for which I'd like to see him on? Whichever puts the most bucks in his retirement fund. He's getting older and the amount of time he can keep it up is getting shorter.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Since they used Herrin's personal R1s that one round, I think he was certainly invested somehow. More than just being a rider.

Newyork likes this.
  12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I doubt the 'Herrin Compound' stickers were put on as a courtesy.
    I don't do the Instaface, so, if I can cast a vote, it's to stay on the Yamaha.

rcarson15 and noles19 like this.
  13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

If he can get the Coors sponsorship brewing, I think sticking with Attack would be best. I doubt if he went to Suzuki he would have the social media freedom he has now.

zertrider likes this.
  14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Clever.:beer:

rcarson15 likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Race Hauler for the "east of the Mississippi" rounds?

[​IMG]

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mehh, he's only 28. If he stays healthy he could have a solid decade and change left in him to be competitive. Granted not everyone races into their 40's like his old teammate, the other JH.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much an age issue with padding his retirement as it's the fact that the market for paying riders dwindles a little more every year. Lot's of people may be forced into retirement long before their skills warrant such a move.

18. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

re tire?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm still wondering WTF good could possibly come from Melandri and Attack teaming up for 2019. Triple meat Stromboli and the Diva. . .

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Winning races is usually pretty good.

The Great One likes this.