1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Looking forward to Aprilia crying foul and taking their ball home in the middle of next season...

They should feel lucky Westby is even considering that deal.

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

hopefully they consider it very, very thoroughly.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, it'd be cool as all f@ck and I'd be the first shaking down Chuck for free swag but this is racing and until you see the bikes go into the first turn a lot of shit can go sideways.

BUT!!!!! If it happens. . . Chuck, gimme free shit!!!! :D

lonewrench likes this.
  4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Was it Aprilia that bailed on the team last time or the team deciding to quit? I seem to recall the team owner being pissed at MA over something and going home. But obviously don't know if Aprilia themselves had anything to do with that. That being said, who cares about the past? One more manufacture on the grid is awesome news to me.

5axis and lonewrench like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KWS? Ask Chip.

6. shakazulu12

No, the HSBK efffort that was running in Superstock 1000 previously.

Steady T likes this.
  7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I remember something going down in the Stock1000 race a few years back at Laguna Seca. I think it was Corti being penalized for passing under a yellow flag while other riders (supposedly) did the same, but were not penalized. In addition, Corti wasn't happy with Eslick's and Herrin's brand of on-track hospitality.

upload_2018-10-30_18-28-2.png

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, bunch of blow ups and whatevers that lead to them digging in their heels and then leaving. I don't know the guys there but they were not totally in the wrong.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like Claudio is winding up to give Danny the ol' Max Biaggi love tap like he did to Melandri in the garage.

10. shakazulu12

Oh yes, I do remember that.

11. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm so lost with this silly season. A few weeks ago it seemed to be a forwgone conclusion that Herrin was staying with Attack. Then, Debise tested the Yosh bike and nobody knew anyone else would test, so people assumed Debise was a lock. Now, Herrin isn't going to test, but most of us never knew he was supposed to. This is getting.....silly.

418 likes this.
  13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Herrin and Stanboli should stay on top of that momentum they have built up.

those two were the highlight of the whole season IMO just made it more interesting.

if both of them aint back in 2019, together or not, that would totally suck.

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Josh has already announced he would be back with Attack I thought.

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, IF Josh isn't on the Attack Yamaha and Stanboli is looking for a top notch rider....Why not JD????

16. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Ben Spies said he asked Yosh to test last year.... Really wish he'd come back. Granted he seems to still be enjoying retired life.

17. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Does cam have another year with Yamaha?

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I little bird told me JD is in talks with a Moto 2 team. That works be awesome I bet he would do well. I think it would be great to get in a new class at the start.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That would be cool, hopefully it is a good team.

20. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think you are talking KTM....Roberts, Red Bull Rookies, etc.