1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC fight pass

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Oct 6, 2018.

1. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

not disappointing at all in my opinion, khabib paralyzed connor ,he was cautious to throw a punch or kick in fear of getting taken down,everyone knows connor fades in the later rounds, diaz exposed conners horrible lack of any ground game, and khabib is a world class wrestler with a solid chin and punching power, his greatest weapon is his chain wrestling if the first take down fails theres more coming he won't quit until your on your back, to bad he made such a poor decision after the fight

2. The fight was good IMO, Conner got caught out on his weakness and Khabib was able to wether the storm of blows from McGregor. The after fight stuff was just plain odd.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't know what fight some of you watched but Conor sucked MOSTLY because of his stamina OR there lack of!!!

I'll never understand how a PROFESSIONAL athlete who is getting paid big bucks to fight big fights FAILS to get into TOP shape. At least the Black Beast was honest about it. These freaking guys have a good thing going, they have unbelievable skillset to even be on this stage and they fck it up by getting lazy.

I give cred to Khabib for not only coming to the fight IN SHAPE but also not letting the limelight get in the way of his training to stay that way, like I think it did with Conor.

As for the fight, it was boring! Sure to the purist BJJ/wrestler it was great but man, this isn't supposed to be that, it's the UFC and it's supposed to be a battle. I can tell I'm not going to like this Khabib kid cuz he fights safe, a point fighter the way GSP did his last few yrs. Sure it's great for them cuz they win fights BUT it's boooorrrriiinnnngggg to watch.

The after fight, IMHO, Khabib will never recover from that, he just f'ed his future with that poor display of sportsmanship. Joe Rogan said it best, if he didn't like being hated before last night, he just did himself a huge disservice, it's going to get a lot worse now, at least with the non-muslim crowd.

4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

McGregor is done, the lack of conditioning was Busch league and his strategy was garbage. If Khabib and Co. wouldn't have made themselves look like asses after the fight, Conor would be lucky to get another big payday or legit fight for that lay down.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is the first McGregor match I've ever seen. Unimpressed.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol y’all pay to watch a fight then get mad when a fight breaks out at the fight which was better than the fight y’all paid to watch?

Am I understanding this correctly?

SteveThompson, Jedb, aaronson and 2 others like this.
  7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Best of the night...

Joe Rogan...Derrick why did you take your pants off?

Derrick Lewis...because my balls were hot.

:crackup:

badmoon692008 and JBraun like this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good fight just not Connor's matchup. You can tell Khabib has been working on his standup but he still would not stand with Connor.

The fight at the end was the best. Connor cracks that guy in the black shirt and almost KO's him. You can see he's laughing at the guy, right when the dude in the red shirt jumps the fence and starts swinging on him from behind. Then another black shirt jumps him too.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You missed out on a lot of good fights then, he's KO'ed a lot of guys. He's probably got one of the best KO power punches, pound for pound.....86% of his fights end that way....not too many other fighters have those numbers.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Khabib is right about one thing, oposing team should keep their mouths shut about Family, Country, Religion...if they have shit to say, it should come thru the fighter...
    I use to like McGregor...but he really started to believe his own BullShit...now that's all he has, he should join Rousey in WWE.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How’d this fight come about? Did Conor drop weight or is this the class he’d fought in before the break?

12. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I don't know what fight some of you watched, but Khabib stood in front of Connor all night and didn't do shit with his stand up game. Also. Khabib knocked him down with a straight right to the face. Connon was out classed in every way. After the first round, after Khabib controlled him on the ground for the entire round, I knew it was a matter of time before Khabib choked him out or made him tap.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I don't follow UFC, but I think I know who I am not asking to explain it to me. :D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    JBraun likes this.
  14. Mcgregor is in it for the money and look at the payouts. He’s made more money his last 2 fights losing than only a small handful make in their careers. He’s a showman who just happens to fight.

15. Khabib took some shots but did ok with his stand up as well, he was prepared. If McGregor didn’t knock him out he was going to get submitted, he has nothing for Khabibs ground game. Khabib zapped whatever energy he had making him defend himself. He obviously had people behind him who developed a strategy and he stuck to the plan.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He’s fought from 145 to 170. This was at 155, which is his true weight class.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Didn't cost me anything but sleep. I don't really follow UFC but this whole event was great from start to finish! The fight before the main event was Bloodsport IV and nobody is talking about that one!

G2G likes this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Conor looked terrible. He walked into the cage looking like he just woke up from a nap. I don’t know if he was sick, had a bad cut, or if the pressure just got to him, but that was not the dude we paid to see. I honestly don’t think he’ll fight again, and probably shouldn’t.

It was by far the best performance of Khabib’s career. That’s the shitty thing about the fight game. You seldom see two guys at their best. The same guy who couldn't put Al Iaquinta away in five rounds finished a guy who is in the conversation for the pound for pound GOAT. To me that says his career has run it's course.

XFBO likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Exactly. Pettis was a warrior and Ferguson is a total freak. Now PLEASE figure out a way to get him in the cage with Khabib. That's a fight.

Rumor is that Khabib said he'd retire after he beat Conor though, which would be a shame.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

didn't conner just sign a 6 fight deal?