1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC fight pass

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

What makes me say that is the fact controversy sells fights.

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Plus Dana just loves to stir the pot, he makes more money for his bosses and himself by doing that. Remember a few months back when Connor attacked the bus and he swore Connor would never fight in the ufc ever again? He’s the white version of Don King, and has made himself a very rich man in the process!

Britt likes this.
  5. It’s a sad world we like be in but this type of stuff puts @sses in seats (arena or ppv). There will be a rematch and it will draw even more money. My wife said something interesting last night “I didn’t know anything about the UFC until Connor McGregor started popping up on mainstream media”. It takes incidents out of the norm to get that exposure and I don’t care what Dana White says on camera, all he saw was dollar signs and I’m sure first order of business will be ensuring Khabib and company get great legal help and at the same time is planning the rematch. The guys obviously not an idiot and said the right lines to the media. Of course he has to say he’s disappointed but besides adding security to protect his own vested interest he certainly did nothing to avoid it.

6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Dana never even came close to saying that...

JBraun likes this.
  7. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I use to watch a lot of UFC fights, seems like it is getting more and more like WWE but with actual fighting.

DucatiBomber and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Now I'm getting confused...just read an article with Dana mentioning the possibility of his belt being stripped due to a possible suspension. I was under the impression this was Khabibs last fight anyhow...

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I lol’d

B8983C4F-451E-4533-8BAA-048F8B674110.png

JBraun and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  10. fastedyamaha

Oh but he did...I'm too lazy to look for all the details but I remember for fact his conversation with an espn reporter: Dana, do you see yourself ever doing business with Conner again? Dana: would you want to do business with him?" He also said the same thing when Connor was doing his boxing shtick

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I don’t think that’s true. Wasn’t the UFC in on the boxing thing?

12. fastedyamaha

No they weren't. He did that on his own because he didn't have a contract and Dana wouldn't give him the money he was looking for. So he went out and made a rumored $100 million for that dog and pony show. Smartest thing Connor ever did in his life.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought so too... Conor-McGregor-Floyd-Mayweather-Dana-White-924769.jpg

JBraun likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The UFC got paid and then split it with McGregor if I remember correctly.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I'd pay to see Khabib and Tony fight but I wouldn't for a Conor rematch. All the fights on the main card were entertaining. I think Khabib blew it at the end but he was definitely pushed there. Imagine how jacked you are after a big fight, I don't really see how that could have been avoided.

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Jre mma show 44 very informative about nutrition and Conor himself

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yes it was brilliant, but it was a joint promotion between McGregor promotions, TMT, and the UFC.

Of course Dana was in on it. He had to allow Conor a hall pass from his contract. Besides, it was great for the UFC’s biggest star, thus great for the UFC.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Dana did nothing to prevent or control McTapGregor.
    When Conor insulted Khabib at the press conference, either with all his insults about his famile/country/religion and then by offering alcool to a Muslim.
    You can see the smile on Dana's face... that guy deserves a nice beating ! He, indirectly, pisses gasoline on to the already high flamed fire !
    The talk about revoking his VISA... but nothing of the sort was done to Conor after the bus incident.

It's a one way street with Dana... He as his favorites and it shows too much.
    A little like with GSP after the Hendrick fight, that saw GSP leave for many years before his return.

Now about the evening...
    I believe the best fight was Ferguson vs Pettis. A real browl... and what a show.
    Best line, was The Black Beast '' My balls are hot'' lol :crackup:

Joe Lopez likes this.
  19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I can’t get enough of people who have never set foot in a cage or ring, or even on a competition mat talking shit about Conor tapping. It’s adorable.

Gino230 and XFBO like this.