Pissed off with car dealership! - Surpise, I know.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 19, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you checked the weight on that car? It's a cruise ship.

:crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, the RC-F is three different Lexus chassis that have been welded together to make one car. The Front end is from the GS, the middle section is from the previous generation IS and the rear end is the current generation IS.

Lexus did it for stiffness reasons apparently. But also why it weighs so much. I do have a soft spot for that car though. It doesn't make sense on paper, but just fun to drive.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's lighter than the previous IS-F by about 600 pounds with the same engine and drive line.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Wow I’ll bet they have never ever seen that before. :p

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

the old IS-F weighed 4,600 pounds?

6. Venom51

In todays market all you need to do buying a car is decide what you are willing to pay within reason for that car. Call around or walk in and discuss nothing but the purchase price until someone says yes. Don't mention trade in, payments or any of that shit until after you have settled and confirmed the purchase price of the car. If they won't discuss purchase price before the rest of it then leave.

4660 as indicated on the door placard.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Capture.JPG

8. Venom51

I got mine off the door placard from the 11 year model sitting in the garage. Maybe the newer ones were indeed lighter. My bad.

BigBird likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:eek::eek: 600 pounds?! The review I was watching must have confused it with something else.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's Bentley territory.

11. Venom51

Check my previous post. I was comparing to my 11 model. The newer one must have been lighter.

12. Venom51

I didn't say it was the fastest thing on the planet. It's just a really good 4 door sedan.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe you're confusing curb weight with GVWR?

BigBird likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

BigBird likes this.
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That's the gross vehicle weight rating fully loaded up. Not the curb weight.

16. Venom51

I was indeed. Lexus website on the time machine says 3800 as well.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Venom51

That makes the GT4 seem fat at 2,955.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you talkin about wheel gap on a bone stock car like ANY car is good....... :rolleyes:

now i see where you're head's at. you're literally making all the points of a badly written Car & Driver article or some Doug Demuro jean-short and polo shirt dad youtube blog. have fun with all your dash light warnings about sensors going bad. i'll keep just changing my oil and laughing at you guys and we'll all be fine with our choices.

19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

All dealers have some type of "mistake disclosure" on their website to overcome pricing errors. Nearly ever dealer in America uses a pricing software that can identify the model, trim, age, etc...whatever variable you tell it, and it will price accordingly. Sometimes the shit's just not 100% perfect. It happens. I have 2300 vehicles on my lot, and I control all the pricing, data feeds, exports to other sites, yada yada yada....While mistakes are rare, they do happen. And WE DON'T HONOR them. I can tell you the people that want you to honor them, I don't want as customers. They're usually assholes, leave bad reviews, and aren't worth your time. I gladly miss some people's business.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup:

I've had I think 31 cars over 20 years, I get bored quickly, I don't have them long enough for dash lights :D

EDIT:BTW I did recommend OP getting a MDX instead.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Sweatypants and worthless like this.