1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm on the inland side of Oak Island. I might try and go over the bridge to see what's happening on the water.
    Once winds hit a sustained speed of 45 mph they close the bridge and there's no getting back over.
    Guy across the street was flying a huge kit with his son . It was way up there :)

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

It may be a bad storm, but it sure is hella pretty. Amazing this Earth/Planet/Solar System stuff

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thought it as going to be here already, but took a turn North. They are already reporting power outages. Screenshot (46) (Small).png

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have yet to finish my 900 sqft basement. But
    That’s the plan mid-term to make it livable, not just for the bikes. On the plus side more than half of my shirts are now ironed.

BigBird likes this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Big time. Makes me sad.

7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Never even heard of it. Just looked it up, wow... I’m guessing money grab...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Frying Pan Tower cam - 34 miles off the shore of NC south of Wilmington.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Winds picked up enough the flag wasn't ripped when I clicked on it 5 minutes ago.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I've been watching that on/off all day and seeing that flag rip now :eek:

11. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

That sounds angry.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Y'all wake me up when the winds actually start picking up;)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I have to say that doesn't look bad yet, about like a cruise I was on.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Would be cool if they had a wind speed indicator.

SpeedyTide and BigBird like this.
  15. rd400racer

I'm using that wind tracker app somebody posted up, and the highest velocity I've found anywhere is 64 knots, which is just under 74 mph...technically not even hurricane force. But as we all know, the wind isn't what will cause the most damage.

Trust me, I'm not making light of anything here, just geeking out on the weather aspect of it.

This is what somebody posted the other day...https://www.windy.com/?33.925,-85.583,5,m:eEIad3z

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured it was more just old man "been through worse back in 83" type shit than making light of anything :D

Cam Morehead and BigBird like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah, when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC, it was already a tropical storm, but wow was there a lot of water.

18. rd400racer

:crackup:

Bastard!

(but it was worse in 83:D)

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Old as fuck. Haha

rd400racer likes this.
  20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

There's a local doing hourly video updates . Once the shit hits the fan, I'll post the link.
    Just found out the bridge that's closest to me is closing @ 6pm. So I won't be able to get video myself.
    I can get to my side of the intercostal though. Drove an old broom handle into the ground @ the lowest part of mt property.
    Marked it in 1 ft sections. I would think it's going to be over a foot once this is over.

Metalhead likes this.