Who deserves Roger's seat!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agree on him being a good choice - but I'd hate to lose the KWR team and everything he is bringing to the sport/series/events by doing his thing right now.

Osvaldo, turbulence and 5axis like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've got a crew chief and pit bitch job already. :D

Mot Okstef and assjuice cyrus like this.
  3. That is a valid point, and I thought about that. Him moving to an already established team basically eliminates one bike from the grid (unless he can keep it running and maybe put his brother on it).

But with that being said, it’s sorta like keeping someone in their current position at work (not promoting them), because they are really good where they are and you don’t want to lose them from that spot. That happens way too often in my industry.

I don’t think that is fair. It is basically punishing someone for being very good at what they do.

Kyle spent many years building his own bikes and installing his own tire warmers. He has built his own brand, from scratch, and has backed up his off-track promotions with on-track results and consistency. He went from a WERA Novice, to AMA Superbike front runner, by himself.

IMO, that is the epitome of what this sport is about, and the fulfillment of the dreams every one of us has had at some point. He deserves this shot.

(I know you already knew all that, I was just on a roll :) )

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kyle doing what he is doing isn't punishing him nor do I think it's limiting him, it's just different. Other than a steady paycheck and less work overall I'm not sure what the upside to a ride with Yosh would be - he'd be going backwards in a number of respects as he'd have to step away from a lot of the business he's built.

5. Steady paycheck and less work sounds awesome. :D That in itself is reason enough.

At the end of the day, there are 2 goals. 1. Have a career racing motorcycles. 2. Win.

A Factory ride gives him (and anyone) the best opportunity to accomplish those goals.

He has done well building his brand on his own, but the ultimate goal is to land on an established team, with a bike capable of winning, where you can concentrate solely on training and riding.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you asked Kyle if that is HIS ultimate goal or are you assuming he wants what you would?

Hey Kyle - is a Yosh ride your ultimate goal in racing? :crackup:

7. Yes, I have.

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If Kyle would get that seat his 2018 wouldn't suck; marrying Miss New York and getting a factory ride.

9. Chip

Chip Registered

I don't know about "ultimate goal", but that Yosh seat would a great step along the way to achieving that ultimate goal...

PS - Kyle is the best choice available for the Yosh ride. IMO.

Shenanigans and Gorilla George like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on what the ultimate goal is.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

To WIN!!! DUH!!!

KWyman133 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Win in life or just on the track?

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I doubt there is much of a difference at that level. They have to go hand in hand unless you go full Gobert, never go full Gobert.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That's a trick question.

15. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

I heard Pedrosa doesn't have a seat next year...

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The euros gossip sites are speculating that he just might.

17. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Don't let Shockley be in your book...lol. Just kidding .... he's an awesome dude.

18. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

The ultimate goal is to win. Currently KWR has zero Superbike wins and Yosh/Suzuki has 200. If I could take all the energy I spread across countless roles, running this entire team like I do, and streamline it into riding the motorcycle and preparing myself for that, I know what I am capable of. I would love the pressure of having to perform for somebody other than myself.

I had no rides, never have had a "ride." So I went and made one... and if that eventually gets me a factory Superbike seat, it would be the "MotoAmerican Dream."

19. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Martin Cardinez

20. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Fine get Kyle on yosh and put Cory West on Kyles bike

badmoon692008 likes this.