1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite place to live on the east coast

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Not Charleston!!! It sucks here. Don't move here. Nobody move here anymore. Go away.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I know you've gotten a ton of feedback so far, but...

F Richmond. I lived there 11 years. F. It. Don't do that to yourself. Go somewhere good. Its only redeeming quality is being halfway between Summit and VIR.

Raleigh sounds like it might be a good fit for you. TN would be a good fit for you guys too, especially if he's coming and is into development. Lots of startups/small dev groups in Nashville. There's no money here like what he's getting though (not yet anyway). But, you have to consider the local economy. It'll be cheaper.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

LOL, ain't that the truth. No regard whatsoever for how new developments and the like impact existing residents. Build build build because fookers keep moving here, meanwhile we sit in some of the worst traffic around.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, he'd fit in in Athens just fine.

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

There are a lot of similarities between Athens and DeLand.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I think Athens is a lot more crowded. And not just on game days.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Maybe we need some vicious rumors about the population of Ga carrying various STD's and developing a taste for human flesh.

V5 Racer likes this.
  8. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Raleigh is full too. Over a million people live in Wake County now...

9. Dits

I got on wikipedia. I didn't realize Athens had a population of around 100,000. We pack our 33,000 people in tighter here though... population density.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Athens isn't bad at all except on game days. We live 20 miles or so from Athens.

At third of that population is UGA students IIRC.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on where you want to go and when really. Games days suck everywhere but that's about it from what I've seen. Also plenty of back ways to get around.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If you can put aside the requirement for no below-freezing days, the Hudson Valley somewhere between NYC and Albany fits the rest of your needs.

13. Big Ragu

Big Ragu National Practice Champ

^^^^ This
    You wont regret a move to Greenville. Quality of life factor is very high.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Charlottesville or Lynchberg would actually be much closer to the line between Summit and VIR, but may not meet the requirements in terms of jobs. It is beautiful out there near the mountains. For that matter, many of the places being mentioned may not have the population to support OP's new accounting firm either.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I work for Red Hat, and whenever I go to Raleigh for training, I cannot stand leaving.

Lots of tech opportunities in the Triangle area down there.

16. Dits

Don't worry Dart, I'm not going anywhere. I'm too old to sit for the Georgia Bar exam... I just don't have it in me any longer.

Come on down, the water's fine. You'll love it.

V5 Racer and Lawn Dart like this.
  17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Summit was 2 hrs 15 for me, VIR was 2 hrs 30. I just meant in terms of driving, not literally in between. Charlottesville was probably a lot better to get to both. But probably less desirable to get to other places.

18. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Bumping this back up as I'm getting ready to pull the Washington plug in the next 6 months or so. Has anything changed? Boyfriend in original post is no longer, so the whole dev thing should be ignored :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Just do your self a favor and don’t move to Atlanta or South Carolina. Athens is nice and Work should be easy to find with in an hour commute a day. And the house/ land you can get there for under $200,000 is awesome.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I still say outskirts of Charlotte (belmont/Mt Holly) or Asheville area.
    land is cheap( but raising in belmont.) and its close to the tracks, and close to citys, even asheville is only 1:30 to Charlotte.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Six3SixGal likes this.