1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was anyone else long on Bitcoin Cash before today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Rum. That topic is still open.

Rum agricole is much different than regular rum. I probably need to go fight that battle in the Jim thread.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The article is not about whether pedo's are using Bitcoin in the process of trafficking it merely mentioning that links to pedo material and in at least one instance containing an illicit photo of a child. They are questioning if even being in possession of a copy of the ledger containing that information puts you in legal jeopardy .

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's rum agricole vs regular rum?

4. Knotcher

Regular rum is made from the tailings of sugar processing which is essentially molasses. Rhum agricole is made from sugar cane juice.

It is barely the same spirit. In fact, it really isn't. It is frequently casked in previous bourbon casks and sometimes finished in cognac casks. It has complexity more like those spirits vs. molasses rums.

Kirk and Sweeny is a good place to start for about 50.

I find a few minutes if rest in the glass can modify the taste as well.

5. Knotcher

That would be a horrendous precedent. Every cloud provider in the world would be at risk.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I cashed out of my XRP and bought silver bullion just now.

Only lost ~ 260 bucks on cryptocurrency...

It was fun.

NOT.

kangasj likes this.
  7. Venom51

Everyone still billionaires?

BHP41, Steeltoe, 418 and 3 others like this.
  8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im long on my crypto. Especially XRP. Lots of activities going on with it. Waiting for the dip to bottom and will buy more.

9. auminer

Do they send out an alert when the dip bottoms?

How do I get on that mailing list?

10. Venom51

Buy some drugs from your local dealer....he will get you on the list.

BHP41 likes this.
  11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Still outperforming your portfolio last 2 years. Enough said.

12. Venom51

Do you know my portfolio? Unprovable statement.

13. auminer

Me & the missus were talking about this just yesterday: If my life depended upon me getting a bag of weed before sundown, I'd pretty much be shit outta luck. :crackup:

Big change since 1999.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C'mon, I'm one of those weirdos that has never even smoked weed, only thing I've done is drink. But if you said I had to get a bag before the end of the day I know I could do it.

Now if you said I had to get crack or Coke that might be a little harder? But since I work right next to Compton I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.:crackup:.

15. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Still mining ETH and holding it. My monthly revenue is down by roughly 70% crypto mining since January.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I don't think so. You could put a post on here and shortly you'd not only know where to get it, you'd be able to get it at a discount and then 5 people would chime in on how to grow it followed by 5 more +1s followed by a few more posts that would eventually lead to 1/4 mile times of current US-made supercars followed up with links to web sites showing differences in tire compounds to maximize the launch.

R Acree and auminer like this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

hahaha man i still check CoinmarketCap every morning just out of sheer curiosity/bringing a smile to my face. i wanna see it dip below $200m just for shits and giggles, but it seemed to have rebounded a little this weekend. curious to see where the tech goes in a couple of years from this point.

18. Venom51

I want folks to not get hosed in it but clearly that bullshit that was going on was not sustainable.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i still feel like true, early believers/adopters, even if they got out right now, would still have made a decent sum of money. i mean, bitcoin is still $6600. its not $18k, but shit... there was a lady at my work that bought a bunch like 5 years ago, specifically so she could buy black market ephedrine diet pills from India after they were banned here in the US from places like GNC. she is not a techie, she doesn't care about crypto, she literally only learned in order to make that transaction, and in the process picked up a bunch of them at like $100/ea. and then forgot about it until last year. even at $6600, that's still a sizable sum for not really doing jack shit, i think well into 6 figures on it. any latecomer that bought in at the height and is sitting on things now holding for eternity??? ehhhhh...

i will say that i still think my friend was dumb for spending money on a rig that is now not even worth running for mining, but hey... he can still probably get retail for his graphics card and not come out too terribly in the end, no biggie.

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Bingo!

Well, post a statement, and I'll prove it. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)