1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Maybe. But ... how many fewer benefits do they receive as citizens? Would that voting trend hold true as legal citizens? I’m not in a position to argue stats, as they don’t existing a hypothetical . Just pointing out that, recently anyway, they wouldn’t vote R because of the narratives being sold (very well I might add) by the D party that the R’s are racist and don’t want immigrants.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually we do not have a shortage. What we have is people with unrealistic expectations on what help will cost in time and money. That has made wages drop which has encouraged a crap ton of people to leave the labor market. Instead of importing more cheaper labor we should make people improving their skills profitable and lower the amount you can get on welfare or other non-work programs.

I am sure you will disagree with me just as the people made obsolete by the imported H1B visas will agree with me.

badmoon692008 and Fonda Dix like this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t disagree with you ... facts do. Wages have increasedand continue to do so. Having to show up to work and pass a drug screen is what’s keeping the current flock out of the labor pool. Not every job SHOULD be high paying, skilled labor. There’s still a significant need for low skill, cheap labor. And by low skill, cheap labor, we pay $15.11-$26/hr.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yup, quite the sales job Ds are doing there :rolleyes:

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It isn’t reality. What would you call it?

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The problem is that there are plenty of able bodied workers who think they are worth more than they are.

It’s way easier to sit on your ass and milk the system than actually swallow your false pride and work.

Welfare should give you 3-6 months to find a job. After that, you’re on your own.

Funkm05 likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

3 to 6 months...that's awfully generous. I have never been able to go more than a week without a job when I was looking for one.

Funkm05 likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Better than years.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Glad someone said it. Cut welfare benefits and watch the workforce grow.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Welfare should be a jobs program in and of itself. Washing municipal fleet vehicles. Picking up trash on the roadways. Whatever needs to be done. And if you don't want to perform your assigned task, or you half-assed do it... What was that that agent Cheeto used to say on his reality TV show?

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't remember where I read about it, here or on FB, but isn't the City of Fort Worth now doing that with their homeless??? It should be merged along with the welfare recips.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty much agree with this. If there were a true shortage then no one who isn't disabled would be getting welfare....

Fonda Dix likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't have it both ways - there isn't a shortage of laborers, there is a shortage of laborers who aren't smart enough to pass a drug test.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Sure you can. They aren’t mutually exclusive. We have a shortage of laborers AND those that are “available” (in the labor pool) can’t show up or pass a drug test, adding to the frustration.

15. sheepofblue

The horror that wages increase like they haven't for a long time (not just Obama but I believe it was flat under BushII) So lets import a ton more people that won't assimilate.

So here is the things you won't like to hear. Pay more or ease up on the drug screening and just require sobriety at work. Figure out ways to automate. Reduce the amount the boss makes. Recruit better. The answer should not always be import low skill people that is just the lazy way out. Oh and when the next down turn occurs all of those people cost money to support. From the view point of a single person or company I understand you point however it is NOT good for the country long term.

EDIT: and I left out that if what is imported is illegal aliens you also corrupt the respect for law which has a LOT of side effects to society as a whole. IMO we are seeing many of them now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    R Acree likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

That is why they call it "management", part of the job is to "manage" the people. Frustrating at times? #@$#@ yes.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You overlook an awful lot of realities in this. You assume we haven’t automated. We have, and that leads to higher level people needed than just pure entry level. There aren’t enough out there. You can’t recruit better. How do you recruit what isn’t there? We are one of the higher paying employers in our area. Doesn’t matter. I know, steal them from others. Guess what, competition will do silly things to keep the people they have because they desperately need them. However, at some point, it simply isn’t feasible to just pay more AND keep your doors open. In the meantime, we can’t put ourselves in jeopardy by artificially inflating our wages to unsustainable levels to compete with those people. How much societal benefit is there to losing hundreds of employers? Wait ... that’ll solve all our problems. Enough of the smaller companies close their doors, and there will be enough people to fill the open positions. But do they have the right skills? Are they in the right areas? They’re now expecting more $$ to work because they made x at their last job. I’m not even going to waste my time on your “reduce what the boss makes” nonsense. None of this happens in a vacuum, as your arguments want to pretend.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... we can “manage” people that don’t even work for us? Awesome.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

In my experience, HR people really dont care about or support strong wages.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Get better HR people.