1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Targeting Lorenzo To Replace Iannone

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

dylanes21 likes this.
  2. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

If whoregay goes to Suzuki next year then I may, just may have to cheer for the sumbitch. I think he and Rins would be a good team but I would try my best to get Cargo if I were Brevido

Roy Finnel likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Y’all act like Suzuki can even afford his butler. Lol.

They got their cards maxed out with AI and Rins. And that limit is like $2500 cash.

4. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Suzuki doesn’t want to invest in a championship caliber rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If Ducati relegates JL to #2, and drastically cuts his pay, being #1 at Suzuki will look very tempting. Even more so if he does fuck all with the Ducati.

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I almost wonder if his demeanor wouldn’t let him. Meaning that he would retire before getting paid shit.

I don’t think he’s like Rossi and Mm And genuinely loves to race. I think he might be more like stoner and consider this an actual job.

younglion likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Whole lotta people said that last year too.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I just don’t get Suzuki and never have. Why do they bother if they won’t commit the resources to win? Yeah I know they don’t have the lawnmower, piano, or cigarette money like their competitors, but finishing in the doldrums can’t be good for the brand. Does Suzuki not want to invest more in winning or do they just plain not have the money? The Zook looks to be a great bike, but by not investing in the program it’s kind of like if the Air Force had F22s, then not maintained them, and hired third rate pilots to fly them. Suzuki looks like they engineer damned good MotoGP bikes but if you don’t invest in everything else to make it successful it won’t work.

9. SGVRider

I don’t think it’s about the money per se. More so that how much he commands is a point of pride for him. Not that he wants the money to buy 1000 lambos. He just wants to be able to legitimately say he can buy 1000 lambos. I believe for George it’s the pride and legacy that he wants. I think he might trade getting paid a lot of money to win again because he wants to be remembered as someone who led a factory and was responsible for their success. He wanted to be to another factory what Valentino was to Yamaha.

Lorenzo has a big ass ego, no way he stays at Ducati if he can’t win there no matter what they’re paying him. Which is liable to be much less now. He also hates Valentino with a passion, I think dude would gladly trade some Ducati ducats to beat Rossi.

fastedyamaha and Roy Finnel like this.
  10. SGVRider

The only reason I think they can get him is because the other options suck more than the pay cut.

KTM? Can pay him but probably don’t want him and they don’t yet have a winning package.

Honda? Can pay him but probably don’t want him and he’d have to play second fiddle to Marky Mark.

Yamaha? No room at the inn, only way back would involve crawling back and setting up some kind of second less than factory team deal to play second fiddle to Valentino again.

Aprilia? Can’t pay him and don’t have a winning package.

Suzuki? Would like to have him, can’t pay him, but the bike looks like it can win.

Zook is the least bad option.

Roy Finnel likes this.
  11. SGVRider

Who said he’s not pushing the limit? Looks like he is and he just sucks ass at riding Ducatis. I don’t think dude has given up. He just doesn’t seem to have it in him to ride a Ducati as fast as the other guys. Jorge wants to win badly I’m sure but sometimes shit just doesn’t work out.

I firmly believe he can still win regularly on the right bike. He hasn’t suddenly lost his skill.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Which Lorenzo no longer is :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Yeah, JLo certainly gets sponsors revved up. Remember what happened last time he was a teams A-rider?

[​IMG]

Potts N Pans, BigBird and aaronson like this.
  14. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rumor was that Suzuki offered Vinales $4MM per year to stay before he signed with Yamaha.

That's more that Lorenzo is currently worth, so I don't think they'll have a problem affording him if they want him.

15. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

So you feel that Lorenzo isn’t capable of being the rider he was in the past with a capable machine?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lorenzo to Suzuki will be exactly like Capirossi when he went from Ducati to Suzuki. "I'm gonna do just enough to ride this into retirement".

No thanks. (And I think Capirossi is the coolest cat in the paddock, still.)

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  17. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Wow, I hope not lol

18. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Agreed.

19. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Agreed

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I do remember. I remember that Monster was so petrified that Lorenzo would continue to beat Rossi they bought out Lorenzo's Rockstar contract.

Lawn Dart likes this.