1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liberalism "is a disease"?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I couldn't tell if he was condemning or complementing :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When you put it that way...

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Whaaattt, I'm certain she never let her political bias negatively affect any article written under her leadership. :rolleyes:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does the doll need batteries?

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It sends a thrill down Chris Matthew's leg

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh. Who are they and why should I GAF what they have to say?

11. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Did you not see his bio byline?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't see a thing he was factually correct on. But sadly I gave his site another click :(

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you. One aspect of having the internet/social media is that today people will hear about an issue and will throw their .02 cents into the fray before actually thinking their opinion through. Before we had instant communication it took awhile to voice your displeasure on a subject so you had the time to actually consider more sides of the issue.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

To add to your assessment I might suggest that just about every liberal minded person that I have talked to for any length of time is mostly basing their opinions and ideals on emotion rather than rational, logical, thinking. It's the old "if it feels good, do it" type of thinking.
    "Ramifications?, what ramifications?"

17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Wait. A liberal NOT using Logic? Let me think about that one a while....

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If D'ern is going to call out our friend Sami on this, someone needs to balance the sheets. :D

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Don't waste too much time on it. It cannot be explained. :D

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

From another of his articles:

Baby boomers have gotten a bad rap lately. There are plenty of good reasons for that. The most important reasons being that they benefited from a booming economy in which isolationist America had no international competitors because they were demolished during WWII. And yet they ensured that future generations could not enjoy those same benefits.
    Baby boomers suffer from a post-industrial mindset in which resources are seemingly unlimited. Because they are unlimited there are plenty to go around. That’s why America has had something like an open border for the last 30 years.
    It’s also why in times of economic downturns baby boomers tell younger generations to flip burgers, as if there is always a job to be had. In the 60’s and 70’s boomers could get well-paying entry level jobs but they don’t seem to understand that subsequent generations don’t always have that luxury.