1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is safe/sacred from the morons...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Its about time to remove these moronic "judges" from the bench.

sheepofblue and Fencer like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We should be ashamed of how we are allowing our history to be erased.
    Not to mention the big fuck you that we're giving to the memory of those men.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, anybody remember when the Taliban went history-erasing in Afghanistan, destroying Buddhist temples and statues?

How'd that work out?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What are the odds the folks filing the suit were not from the community?

sharkattack likes this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

IIRC, the AHA is based in DC and the peace cross is at the main traffic circle when entering the town in Maryland. Maybe one of the members had to drive around it every day. I also think there was an offer to move the peace cross that was rejected.

Funny but the AHA philosophy sounds like a few bbsers, "a naturalistic philosophy that rejects all supernaturalism and relies primarily upon reason and science, democracy and human compassion."

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

But they were the bad guys so it's different.....

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They fail on the compassion.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Also on the democracy, too.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Are they trying to make some point about the confederate statues being torn down?

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Nope, nothing to do with the confederate. They are a "Good without a God" group that takes offense of the "peace cross" which is a symbol of christianity and is placed on gov't land. They claim this is a violation of the requirement for separation of state and church.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But unlike them I don't care about symbolism. If it means something to others I am ok with that. No need to remove it.

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You may be a conservative if....

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Obviously the court agreed with this "claim"

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hello? City Council?

How about we donate the land the memorial sits on back to the American Legion, who, if I'm not mistaken, is a private, tax exempt organization unfettered by the doctrine of separation that encumbers a public entity.

In fact, let the "publicly held" lands be transferred to private charitable organizations. What better way to lessen the impact of government than to reduce their physical holdings?

Orvis and Fencer like this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think every time someone says "I am offended by..." they should just get punched in the mouth. That would end this offended by everything mindset in a hurry.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm offended by fuckers who say "I'm sorry". :Poke:

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thats why I switched to "fuck you" when I moved to the US. To avoid offending people.:D

joec likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I've modified my stance in the last few years. I used to be ready for argument when someone told me that they were "offended" by something that I supported. Now I'm cool, calm, and collected when I look at them and say, "So? Who cares?" I then simply turn and look away indicating that the conversation is ended. Mentally though, my mind is saying, "fuck you." (Can't break old habits easily.) :D

David-imoddavid likes this.