1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida School Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Feb 14, 2018.

1. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Yeah but in those cases it was the guns fault. Not the criminals who stole them. Duh!

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct.

Its hard for me to look at a terrorism event the same as a school shooting but ultimately, they are the same thing with the same intent. Just different root causes.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Tie better background checks to no amnesty immigration reform and let's see what happens.

scottn, kangasj and G 97 like this.
  4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

sharkattack, kangasj and XFBO like this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Maybe his mom left him a little something in her will.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

His father died about 10 years ago. His mother died just a few months ago. Right around the time of her death their home sold for something like $570k. I'm sure there were bills to pay off with a good chunk of that money but I'm sure the kid got a good chunk of change.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep it is not like the little turds could not make pipe bombs. Or search the phlegm sites for bomb making. Both of which would likely increase fatalities and injuries.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I saw a kid made up some acid and threw it in the faces of some other kids the other day. Where there's a will there's a way.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yep,outlawing drugs took them all off the street and made it hard to get...

That is why there is an opiod epidemic at the moment

12. EngineNoO9

I would argue to the over medication of patients with things like percaset, cosine, etc. Has helped lead to that epidemic. Not that it wouldn't happen regardless but I don't think it's helped as kids can start on prescription pills then branch out to heavier stuff.

And that imo relates to this thread because I think too many kids are being over medicated which is causing lots of these problems.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, not sure which but remember one of the psychos had a girlfriend buy him a weapon.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m getting a good laugh at all these virtue signaling liberals destroying their guns while at the same time perfectly illustrating the exact reason why the Founding Fathers included the 2nd Amendment into the Bill of Rights to begin with.

liberalism :crackup:

15. EngineNoO9

Stolen from @sagedynamics on Instagram.

Attached Files:

J Bart likes this.
  16. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

How much time needs to elapse before a purchase is no longer considered a straw purchase?

17. Fonda Dix

Dont now but if its in perpetuity, all sales completed by an individual would be a straw purchase.

18. EngineNoO9

It's all about intent. Because if you buy it for yourself and then later decide to sell privately then technically it's not a straw purchase. It's when I'm buying a gun that I know is for someone else (whether that person can legally or not) is the issue. Take this case for example:

https://www.npr.org/2014/06/16/322650543/supreme-court-rules-against-straw-gun-purchases

The fun part is what then do you do if you buy a gun a gun as a gift. Technically you'd have to buy, and show the receiver a picture or something then have them come to the store for a background check.

It unfortunately in many cases is a very grey area and is difficult to show intent unless theres records of such.

19. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I'm about 3-4 miles from this area ... the 570 is low end for this neighborhood .... huge houses on huge lots is mostly the norm.Lots of sports guys (marlins,dolphins,heat and panther players reside).Don't remember who was in care of the kid,some 36 police house calls over the past few years from him acting out.

20. Fonda Dix