1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida School Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Feb 14, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Read my mind. LOL

EngineNoO9 likes this.
  2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

sharkattack likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

scottn likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What's your move?

5. EngineNoO9

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

30k/324M = 0.00009 = 0.009%

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well then, that would be statistically less insignificant.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If guns were outlawed, it would make it more difficult to perform a school shooting or similar massacre. Logically, this would reduce these incidents by some percentage.
    If the media was outlawed from reporting these cases, it would remove the incentive for those school shooters that are driven by notoriety. Logically, this would reduce these incidents by some percentage.

I am not okay with removing our right to bear arms any more than I am willing to remove our freedom of speech. The price of freedom is expensive, but worth it.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It is a small number but it kind of puts it in perspective if you consider the lottery.
    The % he had would be similar to having 3 tickets for a powerball lottery. The actual is closer to 30,000 tickets.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Ummmm...................I'm going to need a minute.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks dude.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

merely create another million dollar product for the Cartels south of the border AND virtually do nothing on gun related crimes here.

Pro-ban folks, along with the Kool Aid drinkers in Chicago LOVE to use that map of where Chicago guns are coming from. The map typically shows big old red arrows from neighboring States with less restrictive gun laws ending in their City. Well, since those people love maps and red arrows, reality IS the new map would show them coming from some City in Mexico still ending in their shithole. That is REALITY and we already have a banned item that PROVES my theory to be on point.

Oddly enough, some of those clowns want to legalize and tax those drugs now but still want guns banned. Sheer brilliance from that side of the aisle.

13. EngineNoO9

The other part of that is if the gun are coming from other states then that means the people are STILL breaking the law with straw purchases.

XFBO likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

How so?

15. EngineNoO9

If criminals are using guns in Chicago, that means someone is selling them to them. Which means someone is transporting the weapons there from one of these loose gun law states (that poiticians claim to be), which then also means the person originally making the transaction is buying them with the intent to sell to someone else (straw purchase). This is all illegal and is a question on background checks.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    G 97 likes this.
  16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Have any "straw purchase" weapons ever been used in a mass shooting?

18. EngineNoO9

San Bernandino the weapons were obtained through a straw purchase. Plus they were illegally modified per California laws

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Or stealing them. Guns are stolen every day from house, cars, and even (gasp) gun stores.

G 97 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

OK got it. And according to Chicago gun statistics, 40% of guns recovered in a criminal activity were purchased in the state of Illinois, even with some of the strictest gun control laws. So they don’t even have to go out of state, or as mentioned prior simply stealing them.

Funny how all of their statistics don’t report on whether these were obtained by a straw purchase or not.

It would be interesting to see the correlation between straw purchased related to in state purchases and out of state purchases. I think we already know why they don’t report this figure.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018