1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Feb 12, 2018.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Wife and I went to the hard rock resort in Maya Riviera in Mexico, good times. All-inclusive, and they had two resorts side by side. One that allowed kids, one that did not.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fall Caribbean go to the ABC islands. They are out of the hurricane zone. Arube, Bonaire, Curacao

and learn how to scuba while there...just not from this guy...

[​IMG]

sdiver likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do the Maldives - you only get one chance at a first honeymoon.

I've been a decent amount of places and that's the best beach-y type spot. If you're into other activities, New Zealand for the win.

OGs750 likes this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

We didn't leave the resort at all so can't speak to that, but seriously - it was awesome. If you are looking at the Iberostar, stay at the good one. They have sister hotels on the island, and we walked down the beach to the more mid-level one and we were very happy we went to the upper level one.

And it was very reasonably priced, I wanna say we spent $2100 total including non stop flight out of O'Hare for the two of us. Might have even been cheaper.

Funkm05 likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

We went to St. Lucia a couple years ago and it was amazing. Wasn't stupid expensive and flights were reasonable. We did the first half with a rental car and AirBNB and second half was an all inclusive resort...

Excellent anniversary trip, and beautiful island.

6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Couples Sans Souci in Jamaica. Althought that was a bout 8yrs ago that i was there, but I loved it more than any other place i have been.

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hell.

Might as well get an early start.

Phl218, Jedb and sdiver like this.
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Aruba for a honeymoon. Virtually 0 chance of rain. As stated above you take your chances in early fall with almost any other Caribbean destination.

9. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

Mexico is pretty cheap these days, just don't get pregnant within 6mo due to Zika virus. Same for all of the carabean I think.

Thailand is cheap if you can deal with 24hr travel time.

Tahiti is more $$$ but water is perfect.

10. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

Too dry, and small nothing new to do after 2nd day...

Better to go to Dominican Republic or Jamaica.

Scotty87 likes this.
  11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to keep costs to under $6k for this trip including airfare. I'm one of those guys that like to stay off the beaten path, but my fiancee enjoys the pampered resort situation so I need to strike a balance. The suggestion of a few days in an airbnb and a few days in a resort I could get down with.

I didn't even think about the Zika virus. Might be risky since baby making will be a high priority during this trip.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I've used the whole, "we only do it once" argument many times, but my fiancee can be pragmatic and, rightfully so, reminds me that we're saving up for a house as well, so I need to shelve some of these wants for a while. New Zealand sounds bad ass, but I'm concerned about the weather that time of the year.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Do it once. Bora Bora/"Fill in another place" is amazing, but I don't think I would be able to truly afford it right now, or better term want to afford it right now with other things going on. With very little on your plate in terms of marriage and responsibilities (it doesn't seem you have kids yet), now would be the time to do something amazing, that you can talk about for years.

Boman Forklift and OGs750 like this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I swear I'm not being an a-hole when I say this but....

You two need time to enjoy each other for a while. Get married, settle into a house, travel, go shopping, have fun and become one.
    Just wait a bit and enjoy life first.

15. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

Go to Kauai and skip most or the tourist trap BS. The Big Island is nice as well. If you have been only to places like Wikiki, you haven't been to Hawaii.

On topic, the Dominican Republic is really nice, lots of outdoor activities along with nice beaches. Prices are good.

OGs750 likes this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

How did you book. I went through their website to check prices and they were asking $3800 for a week!

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Are honeymoons and enjoying life mutually exclusive?:p I'm learning that I'm really indifferent to the whole institution of marriage, but if I can use this opportunity as an excuse to go on a vacation with the love of my life, then why wouldn't I?

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

You know, how I know you are just getting married :D

19. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Honestly Mexico is probably the best bang for the buck. Been to most of the islands in the Caribbean and all are nice, but Mexico has service dialed. We did Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon and have found it hard to replicate that experience so I'd say go to that resort, book an ocean front room. Close to the hubub of Playa Del Carmen, close to ziplines, ruin's and more, cheap direct flights into Cancun.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yowza! We went through Expedia. We went in December of 2015.

Bruce likes this.