1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Feb 12, 2018.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I don't want to hijack the scuba thread, but I'm looking for some honeymoon suggestions for late October. My fiancee wants to do the beach thing, but I'm looking for a spot with some activities as well - snorkeling, hiking, zip-lining etc - without breaking the bank. I was originally thinking the Maldives until I saw the prices of the rooms there! :eek:

A couple of my coworkers have said Belize is good time and I've also been entertaining Hawaii, but flights to the later are pricey. Any other suggestions that are high on the good to price ratio?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Me, I'd take the lady to bed. ;)

dtalbott likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd take her to bed, then divorce her. Long term effects of marriage just aren't worth it.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

OGs750 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If she's worth a damn she'll take you to the TT. Or Philip Island for MotoGP. :D

Chaplain45, OGs750 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bora Bora.

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I did a Sandals resort for mine (specifically Jamaica, though there are plenty of them). I enjoyed the all-inclusive thing, and everyone was friendly. Will let you do the beach thing, but there are usually plenty of extra activities to be able to do as well. Quick look at their website should let you know if it fits what you'd like.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Do you have any boat skills?

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Dammit, Bora Bora looks awesome, but I can't even find flight information to that place. Probably going to be expensive no?

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

None. I think the couple that sank off the coast of Florida probably had more skills than I do. :crackup:

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've got a 12' john boat he could take to Bora Bora. With a trolling motor and everything.

Phl218, BigBird and Kris87 like this.
  12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Ok, then I can't really help. :D

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Im going in april. We were going to do St.Thomas, then the hurricane season hit and there isn't really a st. thomas to visit anymore for a while. The lady has never been anywhere and dreamed of hawaii. I've been to several places and hate hawaii. Wanna guess where I'm going in april now?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

It wasn't terrible, but I did go like 12 years ago. They had direct flights out of JFK, but I think the only way is probably out of California now.

It totally is worth it and the best part is when you Google map it, it looks like it's not even a place.

Sent from a smatrphone

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Costa Rica. Go to the volcano region and then to the coast. It's not too expensive, relatively safe and easy enough to navigate. Rent a little jeep type vehicle and have yourself an adventure.

Chaplain45 likes this.
  16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Isn't the fall time of the year hurricane season in case he's thinking of anywhere in the Caribbean?

17. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Where you flying from? I think that time of year, beach, and not breaking the bank limits you to Caribbean/Mexico/Costa Rica. For my money, I'd go to Cancun or Playa del Carmen. Tons of hotels and you can do a nice room, and/or all-inclusive, or splurge and get a suite somewhere. Plenty of outdoor activities, great beaches, and I always try to party at least once anytime I'm on vacation which of course there is plenty of that there.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Not a honeymoon, but the GF and I went to the Iberostar Grand in the Dominican a couple years ago. People seem to shit on the DR, but I thought it was fucking fantastic. Went to Cancun last year, stayed in a 5 star all-inclusive (same as DR) and it couldn't hold a candle to the place we stayed at in DR. From the room, the minibar, the service, the pool, everything. We're not a couple that likes to repeat a vacation, but we're planning to go back next year. Highly recommended.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

The dog house ? :D

bored&stroked likes this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Looking at doing Punta Cana next winter.

HotbodiesRacing likes this.