1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon destinations

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Feb 12, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

if anything, they should go way south, to like Mexico/Cabo

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe last Feb. Really enjoyed it and would recommend.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I would like to think he'd like something better than a Holiday Inn Express for his honeymoon. I'm talking about a nice place in Mission Beach, La Jolla, or Coronado.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I'm saying 4-500 is too damn much money for those :crackup:

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Don't do anything too fancy and over the top. All your doing is setting the bar too high for the rest of your marriage lol

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

See that man thinks ahead. That's why we went backpacking for half of ours. Plus, only way to get to Kalalau in March was to walk it.
    Never forgot the dude we met on the way out: "Just phone home and liquidate, maaaaan."

7. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

My Grandfather retired to Kapaa (on Kauai) when I was 3yo. Then My parents retired there a decade ago. I have been there 30+ times. Took my daughter when she was 6mo to meet her great grandpa. He passed a few months later. I love that Island. There are a lot of quiet beaches and secluded spots.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

We rented a cabin and a small boat at Deep Creek Lake in Maryland for ours. These people are ballers with their $4-500 a night rooms... :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Four pages, nobody asked him if he can get an employee discount to Mars?

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Good point. Even if you just get a ticket for the wife it's a step in the right direction :)

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

At Sandals in Jamaica, if you get a butler service room, you're in for about $1K/night min. Or, if you wanna splurge, you could go with one of the over-the-water private rooms with your own infinity pool, but, that's going to set you back $3600/night. If that $3600/night room is the one you want, and if you want it for a week, you're going to have to wait until July 2019 - that's the next time it's available. That doesn't include airfare.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Been to all 3 and completely disagree. DR and Jamaica you tend to get stuck in a resort. A super nice resort, but still stuck. Aruba has all kinds of places to go.

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Bang for the buck, PDC or Punta Cana...IMHO. Specifically why I say not for honeymoon you can go to those places anytime for next to nothing. With SWA miles and Airbnb, my wife and I just spent a week in PDC for less than a travel race weekend. Stayed 3 minute walk from the beach in a luxury condohotel with Ocean view and ate at mostly top 20 restsurants.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Bruce likes this.
  16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If you are looking at Mexico skip Cancun and Punta Cana and go to Tulum. Totally chill and you can thank me later. It's a quick 2 hour drive from cancun but a world apart.

HotbodiesRacing likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We got married on the third Saturday of August in 2009. Indy MotoGP was the following weekend.

Guess what? We (I) postponed the honeymoon until the following week, after the race. We flew out of Indy to Aruba.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Aruba is beautiful, crystal clear water , always sunny with no rain . It maybe small , but that will increase your odds if you bring a shovel and go looking for Natalee..... too soon ? :D

sdiver likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Listen to Metalhead on this one...COMPLETELY wise and worthwhile advise.

But, I'd suggest this....don't get married...don't have kids....be happy. It's just NOT worth it anymore.
    Nothing kills love more than marriage.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Even better. But if you absolutely HAVE to get married, wait on kids or go without.