1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Vintage Classes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Over 400 replies, over 7000 views. How the hell are we having trouble filling grids? Who are all these people? Where are all these people? MOUNT UP! Get your buns out there, we aint gettin any younger.

2. charles

charles The Transporter

Correctomundo. Nothing lasts forever, do it now, especially if you ride a modern marvel of engineering, the two-stroke.

ringdingding likes this.
  3. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Simple: it's a lot easier sitting on yer hinder in front of a screen, clicking away, than actually getting a bike/gear/cash together for racing.
    Our grid sizes indicate those in the latter category are a decided minority. Bummer :( But I'm counting my blessings - Vintage Motorcycle Days
    is practically in my backyard. High class problem:D

4. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Yea... everyone that Bitches on this board and doesn't show up to race..... should be held down and whipped with a wet noodle...............

5. charles

charles The Transporter

You mean spanked with a Forbes magazine?

dbc105 likes this.
  6. Duck150

Yea ... for some maybe playboy .... since there sitting on there Arse...... to much and ..... off ......

7. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Painfully true.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I cant speak for everyone gents, but sometimes life gets in the way of club racing....It just does.

I aint dead yet, AND I still have a lot of my stuff at home....heres a good example, its 3:20 am, gotta work at 7am....on a Saturday....wishing I had something fun to work on. Aint happenin here.

Working close to home, flexible hours, some of this stuff I previously took for granted. folks should appreciate their positive situations more, and RACE if they aint. It is a gift.:flag: sometime soon I hope to have nothing else to do but have fun.

Ya know, what Jack is doing is harder than it looks......getting new folks to realize "It aint that big a deal" is harder than it looks.

Good luck gents.

dave3593, vance, VFR#52 and 1 other person like this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I can retire in 3 years and move back to where my bikes are. In the meantime, I have to reace what I can and where I can. Some years it just doesn't happen.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You fly in from AK to race when you can, you're not in the category of non racing slackers under any definition :D

11. bj

bj Well-Known Member

I only made it to a couple of events last year, life just got in the way. I hope to be back to a regular schedule this year. Did I understand correctly that the Vintage classes will also run one day of the National weekends?

12. 418

418 Expert #59

13. Duck150

That's good old Jack .....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, or both days if it's a national double header where they're mixed in with the Sportsman classes.

15. vance

vance *

Last year's March Roebling round was a national double header.
    Same for this March round per the 2018 schedule so vintage run both Saturday and Sunday at this round?
    It must be painful to answer over and over :D, but this is the closest WERA track to me and it's almost 9 hrs away. I like to have a plan.:)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DH rounds haven't been totally sorted on everything so give me a few.

vance likes this.
  17. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Outstanding! Maybe having VIR, PiitRace and NJMP on the Vintage schedule will get some of the Northern guys back on the track.

18. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Dunlop sportmax or something like that. It was a street tire, but the grip wasn't the limiting factor. Lack of cornering clearance was.

19. Frank Cotton

Frank Cotton New Member

So if you were going to race V1 with a 1972 ds7 (rd250)Yamaha what class would you race in now?

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

If I have followed along correctly, per the AutoClub schedule linked here:

http://wera.com/pdfs/eventschedule/acs020418.pdf

your main class would be "V3" in race 8, with most likely bump ups being ESS in race 4 and V5 in race 10.

Edit to add, that I believe V1, V2, V3, and F500 have all been combined into V3.