New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you spend $50 in energy to make $30 in energy...

Ethanol can be a net positive, but we gotta get off the corn kick to do it. Look at Brazil for example making it from sugar cane for FAR less effort. (Of course I'm also ignoring all the damage costs from ethanol in gas to cars, small engines, motorcyles, sleds, etc...)

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

They're outraged over his current and future successes and with each month that passes, the list continues to grow. They're beside themselves over the fear that he may win people over as their performance continues to show results. And I love it!

Oddly enough the Barry supporters here and abroad will fight tooth and nail to minimize the successes and this future tax cut plan. They're [fake] outraged over the wealthy being the biggest gainers, even though as laid out it shows the middle class getting more than they ever got back through the Barry days. They'll sit there til they turn blue telling us how wrong we are and how the middle class will actually get less, while the Evil Corps continue to get wealthier, that they won't share it or grow......They'll also share about the so called good those extra taxes monies did for the country.....lol....oddly enough, the deficit continued to grow out of control under their Leadership, NO?

So lets recap, life under Barry & Co.:
    - Corps paid higher taxes.
    - There were NO tax benefits extended to the working class as a result of those higher Corp taxes.
    - The deficit continued to grow....Hmmmm.
    - And due to Corps paying higher taxes, much of the HUGE Corps out there stopped giving bonuses, and stopped growing their businesses, in fact, many were LEAVING the US.

Now under the terribly stupid/experienced businessman who did nothing his whole life:
    - We're seeing IMMEDIATE benefits, to the country, from a tax cut plan not even underway just yet by way of the future reduction of the Corp taxes and bonuses are being extended to their rank & file.
    - When implemented, the vast majority of middle class folks will be seeing a tax break.....GASP. The world is ending!
    - Regarding the Dem/MSM fake outrage that THIS tax plan will have middle class taxation pay MORE....the funny part? They won't tell you that even on paper, that won't happen til final year, 2027, up until then we're all getting more back than we EVER did under Barry.....andthe amount is LESS than what we gained from 2019-2026. But more importantly, I'mm HOPEFUL that the GOP will fix that down the road....this is a GOOD START and far better than anything Barry could ever dream of.
    - Those evil Corps appear to be committing to the US workforce in two ways, 1) they're passing along some of the wealth of their tax savings and 2) they're growing their business INSTEAD of leaving the US.

Yep, tough times ahead of us. I read somewhere on the facetubes, a reply to one of the snowflakes out there having an aneurism......the person plead to keep their stupid up, cuz as each month goes by and the successes of THIS Admin continue to be realized, the next Presidential election will look more like 1984 all over again.......I said there and here again, from his lips to God's ears. :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

TL;DR The tax cut is not benefiting most people. Right now, most people will not see a change, except those on the top. And some in the middle will see a negative change, Truth or not?

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I would say thats not true. Use the (somewhat basic) calculator on pg.1 and tell us your results. My tax liability went down significantly and I used $100k married joint. (sometimes we're above that, sometimes below)

Also, as far as making it easier, that $24k standard deduction is going to hopefully allow me to use a 1040EZ instead of the dozen or so forms I use now.

All the people in NJ and NY only have their local reps to blame if their taxes go up. Its a great strategy to hold your local and state reps accountable for their spending, rather than having the fed gov subsidize state funding.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think it’s all so great. Go back and look at my prior post. It’s not the end all. But it does offer some benefits.

Yes.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The whole class BS is just that - BS. They are arbitrary terms used to generate jealousy and hate that can't be defined.
    People get to keep more of their own money? Good. Doesn't matter who they are, it's their money.
    Now we need to reduce the size and scope of the federal government so spending matches income.

G 97 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

10% ?
    Every study I have seen, as well as my own test show E-10 reduces mileage 3%-4% . Conducting mileage test are more complicated than just pouring in a tank of regular gasoline driving around followed by a tank of E10 and simply looking at the trip Odo difference between the two. Way too many variables to make an accurate conclusion on just a couple random tanks of E-10.

Ethanol has 2/3 btu. E-10 is 10% ethanol.
    33% x .10 = 3.3%
    E-10 has a 3.3% less btu.
    Both gasoline consumption and emissions are reduced.

Again I’m not saying ethanol is the all be it like some are saying. But it does provide some answers to some issues.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Screw both of your calculations about mileage, the bottom line is that shit tears up engines.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree. The cost in energy conversion is determined by the price of oil relative to the price of corn. There are a ton of studies that have shown that it is feasible while others show it is not. In any event, it’s close enough for it to be done and as production cost and efficiencies continue to improve it becomes even more viable.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well yeah, if you're dumb enough to run it in older engines or in engines that are not made to run it.
    E-85 has no negative effect on my truck. :Poke:
    I’ve run both E-10 and E-15 in my car for years with no ill effects.
    BTW, E-10 has been around for decades.

Now do I put it in my weedwhacker or lawnmower or snowblower? Hell no.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Burning food is a horrible idea unless it is Brussels sprouts which are not really food

galloway840 and R Acree like this.
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Ok refresh my recollection on the "Benefits".. (please limit your answer to Internal Combustion Engines and their Components)

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Why not?

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The "benefits" are that is allows all the people in Iowa to collect "Government assistance" while not calling it "welfare" ;)

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Because ethanol attracts water and I don’t use these every day but still have to have a 5 gallon fuel can sitting around. I could add an additive but it’s just as easy while I’m filling the auto up using one pump to go over and fill up my 5 gal can at another pump.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good for Iowa.
    How many inner city crack hos with five kids from five baby daddies feed the world.:Poke:
    PS I only live in Iowa, I don’t farm in Iowa. Actually, I don’t even farm. Cash rent is where it’s at. :crackup: ;)

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Octane booster.
    Cleaner burning.
    Unfortunately it’s not just about the ICE. Nothing today is just limited to one object or thought etc. You know this.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We need Mr. Fusions so we can just put waste in our engines.

G 97 likes this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I thought all welfare was bad, wasn't it? We agree that corn subsidies are essentially welfare, correct? By your logic, why should the US subsidize the "world's food"?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

It isn’t and it shouldn’t. You need to pay attention better.