New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Tax cuts are bad!!!!!!
    All monies should be owned and controlled by the government. They are the best at knowing who to give what.

Except my money. I should get to keep all of mine.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Liberals are outraged over tax cuts. You can’t make this up.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What aren't they outraged over?

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Vacuuming babies out of wombs.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No...NO charitable deductions for you....you do your taxes and pay what you pay..and give the Gov. an additional $5K just because you're a nice fuckin' guy is what Garth is saying.

Charitable deductions reduce your taxable income and benefit your bottom line of taxable income.

G 97 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let’s see, Hollywood rape, Benghazi, illegal immigrants, over spending, gun running to mexico, apologizing to the rest of the world, spending others money, being retarded, hypocrisy, domestic terroist, gender bender. Off the top of my head.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Ethanol from corn takes more energy to produce than you get from the resulting ethanol.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Furthermore it produces less power per unit.

It's only real benefit is to the pockets of lobbyists and producers.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have never bought that BS.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

It may take more energy (studies vary). But net energy usage for production isn’t the determining factor. Cost is. It all depends on the price of oil relative to the price of corn that determines whether or not ethanol is an economically viable alternative. In addition, as technology and production techniques continue to improve, the process becomes even more efficient.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

And parts/repair businesses.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The problem is the energy value of the ethanol. Reduce the volume of gasoline in the fuel, decrease the miles per gallon, you end up burning the same amount of gasoline for a given distance.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good for you. I’m not saying ethanol is the end all end all. But it does have an impact towards providing an alternative home grown energy source.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not disputing this. In the end it still all comes down to what a barrel of sweet crude cost to what a bushel of no.2 corn cost.

The individual BTU for both is pretty much a constant. The price of each varies.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Actually, ethanol has only about 2/3 the energy density of gasoline.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, who is disputing this. Yes, it’s a factor, but it is still not the most critical determining factor. Price is.
    You can also argue that ethanol burns cleaner and produces less emissions so for states like California they have more factors to consider which makes ethanol a little more viable.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No. If using ethanol drops mileage 10% you use 10% more fuel to go x miles. Most of that fuel is gasoline. You have not reduced gas consumption appreciably not have you reduced emissions per mile driven.

Banditracer likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just saying turbocharged cars love ethanol. It's like a cheap octane booster :)

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Ethanol makes all foods that include corn in their chain cost more. That’s why we have $4/gallon milk. Using our food supply for substitute energy isn’t smart. Debate over energy units aside.

brex and Banditracer like this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well by Gawd.... if you think it is so great, then you can come and fix every fucking carbureted engine it has and will fuck up here at my place.... :)

You have stock or make money off that FoulFuel don'cha boy..