Rapes and more

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Oct 10, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Emotions are different, not equal, superior or deficient. Absence of any emotion might be a problem.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Multiple accusations is now considered proof.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Where are people getting fired for allegations? All of the people being fired have admitted to their wrong doing or underwent closed door investigations and aren't being forthcoming with what happened in those investigations.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that's where we get into what is or isn't assault/harassment and the like. For me someone admitting they told ribald jokes or made lewd comments isn't a reason to fire them and isn't harassment.

5. CausticYarn

If you are told to stop, it is. If you are groping, it is. Mario was groping and admitted to it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hugging someone isn't what I'd call groping. Restaurant works are oddly physical in large part. The drunken cleaning of wine off boobs - still not sure I'd call that assault. But it does go to show you're not allowed to be drunk and stupid when you're also rich and famous.

Even if you consider it assault it's not enough for him to be forced out. Not remotely, to me of course.

7. CausticYarn

I didn’t say I personally viewed it as assault - but touching some one with out their consent in that manner is violating - he groped her, not just cleaned wine off her boobs.

If you are a creepy man freaking people out being drunk and stupid - you don’t want to be the face of the company - it’s a damned good business decision to remove someone like that.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's where we disagree - but I've always thought he was creepy just for the crocs alone :D

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Total bullshit. You obviously know nothing about this.
    Check with a lawyer and get back to me.
    I've seen it happen a number of times.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

For your average non-government working man, it has been like that for a long time now.

11. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

13. CausticYarn

Fuck off with this.
    I work very closely with HR and research laws and rules for them. You cannot just fire someone over an allegation without loosing an unemployment suit. We have a lawyer on retainer, would you like to speak with him?

14. CausticYarn

Site.
    with valid research and data to back your anecdotal bullshit up.

15. CausticYarn

Dern wears Crocs.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I used to mock Crocs...until I tried a pair. They are the ugliest thing to hit feet since blisters (or the pics of IYC's problems), but damn they are comfortable. Now I just mock Dern.

17. CausticYarn

With good cause. He's an asshole. And I think he is turning me into one.

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Minnesota Mario - only a matter of time before shit catches up with him I presume.
    A close friend runs HR for a major luxury hotel property in Chicago including the multiple bars & restaurants - she was just telling us on thanksgiving how her last 3 accusations and investigations all ended up clearing the accused with the last found to be a flat out lie. I think the only change from all of this for your average man/woman is that allegations will never be dismissed and will be investigated immediately. It may really end up being a better situation for both parties if that happens.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm a well-respected and venerated degenerate. I push my shit in front of me like any proud degenerate would. :moon:

20. CausticYarn

Most of the people being terminated for harassment, are being done so rightfully because they ignore company policy. There are procedures and investigations that have to be done. Companies DON'T want to pay for unemployment compensation, so they do their due diligence to ensure they won't lose a suit. You have to have eyewitness testimony, proof a harassment policy exists, proof the formerly employed knew company policy, proof of write ups and warnings for failure to follow policy, and proof of investigation - to win an unemployment suit as a business.

The accused may not have protection from being fired - but they sure as shit can collect unemployment if the company doesn't back their asses up.

Why would someone want to just fire someone randomly and be responsible for unemployment wages? I don't understand that line of thinking.

But I don't know jack shit...