1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

YEP. There's a meme I've seen that puts a blunt point on this... The top half is a picture of massive stone columns and huge buildings with ornate statues, etc etc... It's captioned "Rome 2000 years ago". The bottom half is a mud hut with a thatch roof captioned "Africa present day".

I've never been to Africa and I wasn't in Rome when panthercity was a teenager, so I can't speak to the accuracy.. but yeah. I suspect that there are people living like that now.

Curious that advanced culture seems to to sprout in places that actually have a winter.

crashman likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^

Actually, I'd get to take two steps forward... But only because I had a job & could afford to buy a cell phone when they came out.

Crock of shit video.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It could be worse, I could be a lawyer.

4. Crackhead

Crackhead Expert

Nah, not a big fan of those but I have yet to meet one who didn't seem to be a better person than you.

OK, maybe Babuska's lawyer. That one might be a tie.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I see you don't get out much.

Anyway, feel free to suck a dick if you don't like me, but you have no ability to discount my opinion from the discussion for any reason.
    Your opinion means zip to me.

Not to mention you couldn't counter my argument so like every liberal pussy does, you change the subject.

You're just another Progressive using the racism of low expectations.
    How many times a week do you and your blowhard friends begin a sentence with "Those poor black people can't"?
    I treat them as equals, you treat them like they're children.
    I'm not the one who thinks a human can't find the DMV if their skin is a certain color.
    Look in the mirror, there's the racist.

6. Crackhead

Crackhead Expert

You're cracking under pressure. The truth about you must have hit a nerve. :D
    Look at all the assumptions you're throwing around, hoping that once sticks. Or perhaps you used your magical mine-reading powers that everyone talks about here. What would you know about what I think of voter IDs? You think that your pathetically transparent strategy of regularly surfing the Internet in a desperate search for black people you can post what you consider a positive link about in the last couple of years is going to turn your reputation around? People don't even bother calling you racist around here anymore. You are the one constantly on the defensive.
    And the subject hasn't changed: you brought up personal responsibility. We are talking about it. So, tell me more about that electrical fence.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I find this whole subject laughable...in 2017.

cav115 likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As you should.

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Lol, there are lots of poor white hoods. Usually involves a bunch of country bumpkins, that are drunk off their budweiser and natty lights and meth. After traveling a lot and making foolish decisions in lots of foreign countries around the world. You won't ever catch me dead walking down the wrong street in real citys with real black on black crime. It's a problem that won't end with a bunch of 16 year old tupac wannabees that would rob a 60 year old lady or shoot someone for their shoes. The Darwin theory is out the window, maybe they are the smart ones to figure out a way to survive?? (Although,, throw out the whole decency, work hard to make yourself better, and treat others with respect, and actually work in stead of hustle and rob people thing?) Maybe its just easy to hustle. Ever watch to show "the first 48" how many white murders have you seen on that show?

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Maybe some should try sending in their resume with a 'Non-White' sounding name....

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Like "Washington"? :Poke:

crashman likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Technology and various systems of welfare have rendered Darwin's theory null and void in the current year. Makes me think alot of this.....

http://www.returnofkings.com/140296/16-important-lessons-from-the-opening-scene-of-idiocracy

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    turner38 likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So do you believe that would help or hinder? I know that in the company I work for will go out of their way to hire skilled minorities.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I have found that when it comes to minorities, many companies dont care about skilled. They only care about credentialed. Two very different things.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same can be said to be true for a lot of corps and any employee, not a race based bias at all.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Being skilled makes one a minority... :Poke:

blkduc and cav115 like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Boy aint that the truth.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Let me save you the pondering.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...name-resume-50-percent-less-likely-get-respo/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-sounding-names-study_us_561697a5e4b0dbb8000d687f

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/the_dismal_science/2005/04/a_roshanda_by_any_other_name.html

This study attempted to replicate the earlier study but used last names - their conclusion was that there's no evidence of bias, but using last names as opposed to first names is a mistake (IMO).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-bias-hiring-0504-biz-20160503-story.html

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm too tired to read that stuff at the moment. Me and my privilege were up for 22 hours working yesterday.