1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Dianabol Dan Bilzerian running away from the shooting on his tiny calves while instagramming himself perfectly sums up this country.

crashman likes this.
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

If you really think that, that's unfortunate. That guy is an assclown of the highest order. He promotes fantasy. His followers are into fantasy. They're just a growing number of people that are complacent with being voyeurs and followers. That's cool if that's their path, but there's a whole lot more of this great nation full of people who don't subscribe to that at all.

TLR67, Lawn Dart and BHP41 like this.
  3. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I knew it. Bump stock. ;)

Now back to the insults.

The end.

4. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I hope so but I fear things are going to get worse before they get better. As your video showed, one side still respects constitutional values enough to appreciate listening to opposing viewpoints and they are being very patient...for now. But the other side is trying that patience by committing acts of violence, lying about and demonizing opposition, and trying to tear down the values that make this country great. Once the patient side is pushed too far, things will get ugly.

As much as we :Poke: around here, we are not that much different and we all want the best for our family, friends, and our country. We come here to vent, have fun, beat up on each other, but I believe we are all good people. I believe that our real issues are rooted in powerful people fighting for control. Those people work hard to divide us because "united we stand, divided we fall".

Jase, we bullshit here. We shit talk here. We challenge ideas here. We have fun. We get mad. We open our hearts and support each other. We grieve together. I don't take any of this personally and it's impossible to offend me. If you ever find yourself in my city, I will buy you a beer and help you out if I can. Don't let those who wish to divide us be successful. Use this space to bullshit and have fun, but remember we don't have to agree on everything because that's ok. Also, we are all in this together.
    :beer:

6. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the Kimmel "monologue" last night. I made the mistake of clicking on it while shifting through a Youtube wormhole and now I'm just annoyed. Does he do no fact checking? Can't be funny because he's upset? What in the actual fuck.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The conspiracy theorists are going nuts.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Going??

TLR67 likes this.
  9. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Just watched it because of your comments and wanted to see if it was as bad as you're making it out to be. . .it wasn't even close (and that was the first Kimmel monologue I've ever watched). He exaggerates a few things and gets the nomenclature wrong. . .but he's pretty damn close with his central premise.

When it comes to firearms, I find that over exaggeration is safer than this dumb shit. . .

(which shows that "conservatism" can be just as fucking stupid as "liberalism")

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

What part of it was accurate or factual?

11. blkduc

Facts don't care about your feelings.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

It doesn't show anything other than a liberal agenda. Please show me one example where a gun acted on its own outside of a human. Speaking of dumb shit......you nailed it.

kangasj likes this.
  13. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Feelings huh? Ok, let's deal with some facts (and we'll find out if you're man enough to confront your own feelings on the subject)

I posted this picture earlier in this thread in reply to a comment about how people with cases should be checked. . .

image1.jpeg

Here's them opened. . .

image2.jpeg

"A tool is just a tool" is a bullshit argument. Identical cases, both have two "long guns". . .and if you know anything about firearms, you are aware that they have vastly different capabilites as "tools" and the word "long" has drastically different meanings for their ranges.

That bottom case of “tools” is my Africa case. . .it’s set up that way because South Africa has some pretty strict “tool” laws (and those fuckers love their guns and hunting). Just like what I've seen him write about hunting in Africa demonstrates he has no fucking idea what he's talking about in that respect, if a random person on the street said what he said to me about guns – I’d instantly conclude they have no fucking clue about firearms and they would be kept as far away as possible from mine because it shows an appalling lack of respect for what they can do (and I can promise you my ultra conservative gun nut friends wouldn't let him anywhere near theirs as well).

If you don’t think that if I took that top case of “tools” instead of the bottom to Africa, I could drop or wound a significant portion of a herd in seconds compared to the bottom case – I call bullshit on any amount of firearm knowledge you profess to have (the lever action is a .44 and the rifle is a .300 win mag).

I’ve introduced a fair amount of people to firearms and have had an active hand in teaching them how to shoot. The latest one was a 5’2” mid 40’s woman who maybe weighs 110. When it came time to learn long guns – no chance she could handle the .300 win mag out the gate (without the serious risk of the scope imprinting on her forehead). . .let alone rapidly put rounds on target with it. I STARTED her on the AR and gave her a double mag – she was on target with the first shot and emptied 60 rounds under 5 minutes with me talking her through her first ever mag change.

Please, pretty please - show me someone who is capable of doing that with bolt .300 win mag with a 3 round capacity their first time out.

Owning guns and being in favor of regulation is not a mutually exclusive idea. Every range I’ve ever been to somehow manages to pull it off.

Those regs exist because guns are dangerous and people’s lives are at stake. Don’t believe me – next time you go to range – act the fool with an UNLOADED gun and see what happens. . .then load it in front of people, keep a round out of the chamber, put it on safe and point it at someone and if you live long enough to actually say the words - make sure to tell them “it’s ok – a gun is just a tool and isn’t dangerous without people and I've made this one safe”.

Hang the 2nd on the wall and jerk off to it all you want but if you can ignore freedom of religion (you know, one of the main points this country was founded on) to call for the banning of Sharia Law to combat the threat of radical Islamic terrorists (which percentage wise is in a similar ballpark to mass shootings). . .you’re the worst kind of hypocrite if your solution to a mathematically similar gun problem is “nothing can be done about it because a tool is just a tool”.

Just like liberals should pray they're never in those percentages when it comes to terrorist attacks. . .conservatives should pray they're never in those percentages when it comes to a mass shooting.

My family has been intimately touched by both. . .take my word for it - neither cares what your political ideology is.

SuddenBraking and jeffr1ey like this.
  14. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

While all this sound great. You can not be further from the truth. The country is already divided. If you have a different view point, then you are un American , and you hate this country.

All I said and I still believe. Is guns are not the problem , mental issues are not the problem. Violence is this country is rooted in its history and If we do not address that issue mass shooting will keep happening , and unlike other advance socicities we have a large number of homicied. The respond was I hate this country, I should leave , I am a moron , stupid. All the lovely names. :).

So please do not tell me that we are united.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, we are not united, but we are not nearly so divided as you seem to think. Mass shootings emphasize the problems, but they are actually rare. The body count for murders in Vegas is an average daily count for the US. Percapita, the US ranks 94th in the world in intentional homicides.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Interesting.....Should Sharia law trump individual freedom?

17. blkduc

What exactly is your point in all that rambling?

18. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

:timeforabeer::beer:

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Cool story, but what the heck does that have to do with anything?

Yea we get the whole concept that some tools can potentially kill humans better than others, but at the end of the day what difference does it make? Sick people bent on killing will adapt and utilize whatever means to get the job done.

Some people will rage on how BOTH of those cases should be on a ban list, do you, also believe that would save any lives???

We already learned from the Oklahoma bombing, 9/11, Boston Marathon and countless other sick events that the lack of possessing long and/or hand guns will not deter sick people from engaging in a killing spree. Should cars or trucks and their killing potential also be scrutinized?

No matter how distasteful G97's (or blckduc's) posts may be to you, the truth is they, just like knives, cars or turkey fryers can also be used as 'tools of destruction'. These are all inanimate objects that alone are harmless. The heart of the problem is the mental health aspect and the harmful rhetoric regurgitated day in and day out by the Left.....those acts are triggering these nuts into committing heinous acts, until that is addressed this shit will continue.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What exactly is the TOP Case??....Your Chicago Case,

Why do YOU NEED that top case at all>??? Oh Wait, you must be Special....and We should TRUST that YOU Know how to use them and Won't ever SNAP.....and Kill a bunch of people.

In Your Corner likes this.