Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

...anyone else?

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Anyone surprised that football players (including those that were players and are now "commentators") don't understand what the First Amendment is?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Are we talking actual racism...as in the believe that white people are somehow physically, mentally or otherwise superior to black people or are we talking about bigotry which is I believe to be the real issue at play. I don't find myself superior to anyone else but there sure are a lot of people I can live without being around. Call that hatred, bigotry or just being a judgmental prick but racism it is not.

Now do I believe that someone born in the 80's or 90's that happens to be black is held back by a systematic mechanism of racism and can't achieve the same level of success as a white man. Absolutely not but it is a real convenient crutch to lean on for some.

4. Venom51

I bet if you stuck a camera in front of him and asked him why he is no longer employed he won't state it was because he was a lack luster bench warmer.

R Acree likes this.
  5. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

“What did you do during the raise awareness war, daddy?”
    “For 2 minutes, one day a week for 16 weeks, I kneeled”
    “Wow, did you get a medal Daddy?”
    “I sure did, it’s a participation medal.”

In Your Corner and R Acree like this.
  6. jase

OK, you sited one example. Do you have anymore?

7. jase

So are you saying that people that took a knee hasn't or wont do anything to the reason why they took that knee?

8. Venom51

Time will tell. I'm not a football fan so have no idea what the total backlash will be stemming from the current events. You just said it couldn't happen and I pointed out that it already had.

9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

That's the thing, if any of these owners were to fire a good starter they wouldn't be on the unemployment line very long. In the end, these owners want to win. At least most of them…

The Great One and jase like this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is there anyone on/in this thread who believes that Kaepernick would be out of the league if he had not started his practice of taking a knee?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dont have one. You didnt THINK this one through.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What part of the First eliminates the consequences?

BHP41 and speeddaddy like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Some may. Most won't

14. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

So you weren't much of a fan to begin with, so they're really not out anything?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I didn't foolishly make an absolute statement

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It's 2 sides of the same coin. I think that, ultimately, teams have decided that his skill level, coupled with the salary he is looking for, simply isn't worth the negative press. However, the entire league going near full retard just to spite Trump might actually help him. But to answer your question directly, I do believe a team would've picked him up had he not started the kneeling. BUT, I also don't know how much merit there is to the claim that B'more was going to bring him on until his gf opened her yap and cried racism.

Edit: I would also say that part of his issue that also inhibits him is his apparent refusal to accept that race isn't a part of this. I truly don't believe race plays ANY role in decision-making at the NFL level. It's 100% about who can win.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  17. jase

How do you know, or are you just guessing?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Making a reasonable guess. Notice i didnt make a claim of all or none or assign specific value. Wont is based on observations over the last 55 years. Talk is much more prevalent than action.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One day they want him to stop tweeting and the next day he's not tweeting enough.
    :crackup:

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Close. It's 100% about who provides the best return on investment. If someone were a great quarterback but chasing away advertisers and fans in droves because he's a noxious person they'd be thrown out in favor of a slightly worse player who shuts the fuck up and takes the money. Winning is good because it is generally the path to making more money, but sometimes other factors are more important.